I got a bill for my last study MRI, did you?

A board to discuss Tcelna as a treatment for Multiple Sclerosis
TWG
Family Elder

I got a bill for my last study MRI, did you?

Post by TWG »

The bill is from were I got my last MRI. Seems it's 30 days over due. It is for $1,650! They filed the claim with my study site, and they were in the process of moving, so I will contact the study site tomorrow. I do have legal insurance, but hoping it doesn't come to that. It could just be my study site but I thought I would check here anyway.
Diagnosed with MS in Feb. 14 2000! Was a Tovaxin guinea pig.
Lars
Family Elder

Post by Lars »

TWG,
When did you have a MRI? Was it still part of "Open Label"? I got my last study MRI 2 months before they moved. I would make copies and send them to Opexa every day until I ran out of paper then I would buy more paper and start over! Bur seriously, I'm sure Debbie will work it out. By the way, good to hear from you.
Be Well,
Lars
JanethePain
Family Elder

Re: I got a bill for my last study MRI, did you?

Post by JanethePain »

TWG wrote:The bill is from were I got my last MRI. Seems it's 30 days over due. It is for $1,650! They filed the claim with my study site, and they were in the process of moving, so I will contact the study site tomorrow. I do have legal insurance, but hoping it doesn't come to that. It could just be my study site but I thought I would check here anyway.
By all means, contact your study site; aggressively, if need be! This sure is scary; keep us in the loop, by all means!
Jane the Pain
JanethePain
Family Elder

Post by JanethePain »

Lars wrote:TWG,
When did you have a MRI? Was it still part of "Open Label"? I got my last study MRI 2 months before they moved. I would make copies and send them to Opexa every day until I ran out of paper then I would buy more paper and start over! Bur seriously, I'm sure Debbie will work it out. By the way, good to hear from you.
Be Well,
Lars
What Lars said. :D
Jane the Pain
TWG
Family Elder

Post by TWG »

Talked with site coordinator about my large bill, said it will be taken care of. Said would e-mail when resolved. I will post here when resolved.
Lyon
Family Elder

Post by Lyon »

Last edited by Lyon on Sat Nov 26, 2011 1:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
JanethePain
Family Elder

Post by JanethePain »

Lyon wrote:
TWG wrote:Talked with site coordinator about my large bill, said it will be taken care of. Said would e-mail when resolved. I will post here when resolved.
You might also want to contact the people billing you for the MRI to make it clear to them that you were a participant in a clinical trial in which all medical aspects were to be paid for by the drug company and not you, and that their customer is and always was the drug company and not you.

Bob
Bob, Bob, Bob... :wink: ... you assume so much on the part of people in the insurance industry... :lol:
Jane the Pain
Lyon
Family Elder

Post by Lyon »

Last edited by Lyon on Sat Nov 26, 2011 1:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
TWG
Family Elder

Post by TWG »

Again, the bill was first sent to the clinical trial site from from MRI site. My site coordinator said they should have known better, it should have been sent to Opexa. My site said they will straighten our the MRI site. They will e-mail me when resolved, and not to worry. It was the MRI site's screw up. Insurance companies were not involved at all. It was the MRI sites screw up thinking the trail site was the responsible party.
JanethePain
Family Elder

Post by JanethePain »

TWG wrote:Again, the bill was first sent to the clinical trial site from from MRI site. My site coordinator said they should have known better, it should have been sent to Opexa. My site said they will straighten our the MRI site. They will e-mail me when resolved, and not to worry. It was the MRI site's screw up. Insurance companies were not involved at all. It was the MRI sites screw up thinking the trail site was the responsible party.
I'm glad this is getting resolved--now we don't have to get out the cyber flame throwers and think of Shakespearean curses for that MRI site. :lol:
Jane the Pain
TWG
Family Elder

Post by TWG »

I got this e-mail that states the MRI place blow it! :

Hi TWG

I just want to reassure you that the bill you received for the MRI scan done at XYZ, was sent out in error. I have asked XYZ’s billing company to correct this mistake. I am sorry for any confusion, and if you have any more concerns, please fell free to contact me at xxx-xxx-xxxx

Enough said, Like our government they effectively passed the
Lyon
Family Elder

Post by Lyon »

Last edited by Lyon on Sat Nov 26, 2011 1:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
av8rgirl
Family Elder

Post by av8rgirl »

This kind of billing errors happened to me several times during the trials. It would take sometimes up to 3 months to get it straightened out! I would get billed for all sorts of stuff as a Non insured patient!

I hope it gets straightened out. You'd think that since the trial was terminated last November, things would be cleared up by now!
“When everything seems to be going against you, remember that the airplane takes off against the wind, not with it.” - Henry Ford