HiCy PPMS Trial

A board to discuss Revimmune as a potential therapy for multiple sclerosis
Sport
Family Member

HiCy PPMS Trial

Post by Sport »

At my appointment with Dr. Kerr last Sept he mentioned that he would be starting a trial of HiCy with a few PPMS patients and he said that he would have some preliminary results in about six months.

I emailed him in Feb to inquire about the status of the trial and he responded that it would be about another four months before he had any data.

I have tried to email him several times recently since it has been more than four months, but I have had no response. I don't want to be a pest, but I would like an update.

Does anyone know anything about the preliminary results of this trial? If anyone here has a better line to Dr. Kerr, could they ask about the results and post something here? Thanks.

Me-43 y/o male. PPMS dx Nov 2005. Have previously tried mitoxantrone and rituxan. Currently on copaxone.
Sport
Family Member

Post by Sport »

Since I didn't see any responses, I will answer my own question.

After much effort, I got a response from Dr. Calabresi and the short answer is that they are not doing, or rather not continuing to do, the HiCy procedure in PPMS patients due to the fact that it "rarely helps and the risk is not justified."
indigoinmotion
Family Member

Post by indigoinmotion »

so discouraging. thanks for checking into this. maybe stem cells is where it's at??