Cladribine pills

Mavenclad is an oral treatment for relapsing MS and active secondary progressive MS.
Needled
Family Elder

Cladribine pills

Post by Needled »

Merck submitted an application for Cladribine pills in Europe. They’re also submitting new drug applications for Cladribine tablets in other countries, including the U.S. this quarter.
http://www.merckserono.com/corp.merckse ... _42425.pdf
seeva
Family Elder

CLADRIBINE TABLETS

Post by seeva »

HI MEMBERS MY NAME IS SEEVA. TODAY ONE OF PROFESSOR POLLARD'S PATIENT SEND ME A MAIL THAT ACCORDING DR.POLLARD THIS NEWDRUG WILL BE AVILABLE IN AUSTRALIA FOR M.S PATIENTS. IS ANY ONE KNOW ABOUT THIS NEWS.
REGARDS
SEEVA :roll:
seeva
Family Elder

CLADRIBINE TABLETS

Post by seeva »

HI MEMBERS SORRY I HAVE NOT MENTION ABOUT WHEN THIS DRUG GOING TO BE IN AUSTRALIA IN MY PREVIUS POST. ACCORDING PFFESSOR POLLARD THISNEW DRUG WILL BE AVILABLE IN AUSTRALIA BY NEXT YEAR. IF ANY MEMBER KNOWS ABOUT THIS PLEASE REPLY.
REGARDS
SEEVA :roll:
dignan
Family Elder

Post by dignan »

An interesting blurb from a Reuters article today:

Merck remained on track to bring the first oral MS treatment to market, three to four months ahead of rival Novartis, Schnee said. Merck, which in July filed for approval of its MS pill Cladribine in Europe, still plans to lodge an application with the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) this month, he said.

In a best-case scenario, the pill would come to U.S. markets as early as the second quarter of 2010, provided Cladribine obtains Priority Review status with the FDA, and European market launch would ideally be in the last quarter of 2010, Schnee said.

http://www.reuters.com/article/reutersE ... 6120090903
ewizabeth
Family Elder

Post by ewizabeth »

My doctor mentioned this medication to me on Friday when I was in for my infusion. I'm in a relapse and so I suppose he wanted me to know this one might be an option in the near future if I want to switch to something a bit stronger. I'm assuming since it targets both T cells and B cells that it's stronger than Tysabri. He also said it isn't associated with PML but there have been some cases of cancer though they can't all be positively blamed on the Cladribine.
Take care, Ewizabeth Previously Avonex, Rebif & Copaxone RRMS ~Tysabri, 31 infusions, ended 9/09. Starting Copaxone 12/09, waiting for Cladribine to be approved in 2010.

Return to “Mavenclad (Cladribine)”