Hi New Here.

A forum for the discussion of antibiotics as a potential therapy for MS
Shaka
Getting to Know You...

Hi New Here.

Post by Shaka »

Hello, I was Dxed with MS 5 years ago also tested Positive for Lyme at the same time. So far I have had 8 positive lyme tests and just found out I also tested Positive for CPN 2 years ago.

It has been a battle to get antibiotics no Dr in Oregon believes in my Lyme. I have travelled to Conecticut and California to see Drs to get antibiotics.

3 years ago I got IV Rocephen for 90 days and improved greatly. My MRI at that time showed almost no more lesions. I stayed on low dose antibiotics had a baby. She is 1 now and so far shows no sign of Lyme. A few months after I had her, I stopped antibiotics thinking I was better I had been symptom free for 2 years.

Boom it came back with a force. I have all new spine and brain lesions making walking very difficult. My nuero would not even consider trying antibiotics again even though they had worked so well.

So back I fly to Conecticut and the Nuero notices a Positive Clamydia Pnemanue test from 2 years ago. He now thinks that is my bigger problem over Lyme. He has put me on the Stratton/Vanderbelt Protocol for now and if my Lyme tests are still very positive propably 90 days IV antibiotics.

I am excited that I found a forum that seems open to MS, Lyme, CPN, and Antibiotics. I feel like I don't belong on anyother MS board.

My biggest problem now is trying to stomach Minocycline. I took Doxy for over a year in the begining and it did not end well with my stomach. Not sure what helps with stomach problems. I always take good probiotics.

Thank you for reading.
agatha
Family Member

Welcome

Post by agatha »

Welcome Shaka

Your story is very interesting - I can't believe the neuro wouldn't do the ABX even though they had been helpful before - how rubbish is that!

Hopefully you'll quickly get back on track now. I'm sorry I'm quite new so I've no ideas about your stomach - I guess some of the others will have some suggestions though.

with every good wish
Agatha
SarahLonglands
Family Elder

Post by SarahLonglands »

Hello Skaka, the best thing to help you if you are having stomach problems with doxycycline or minocycline is a glass of milk. Also I never took doxycycline without eating because it didn't suit me at all. You shouldn't take calcium supplements at the same time but a small glass of milk is fine.

Sarah
An Itinerary in Light and Shadow Completed Dr Charles Stratton / Dr David Wheldon abx regime for aggressive secondary progressive MS in June 2007, after four years. Still improving with no relapses since starting. Can't run but can paint all day.
Shaka
Getting to Know You...

Post by Shaka »

Thank you. I will try milk would soy milk do the trick. i only like cows milk in my cereal.
notasperfectasyou
Family Elder

Post by notasperfectasyou »

Welcome Shaka!

There's a good bit about stomach issues here at TIMS. I don't know about Doxy since my wife takes other ABX that upset her stomach. The stomach emergency kit is Tums. we also found Nori helpful.

Ken
It would be really nice to be able to put links in here

If I have included a bad link, google the word "Scholar", click link for "Google Scholar". Search for the name of the paper and author in Google Scholar.
SarahLonglands
Family Elder

Post by SarahLonglands »

i only like cows milk in my cereal.
Well, I don't know if soy milk would work, you would have to try it, but how about taking it with your cereal? (David says soy should work.)

Sarah
An Itinerary in Light and Shadow Completed Dr Charles Stratton / Dr David Wheldon abx regime for aggressive secondary progressive MS in June 2007, after four years. Still improving with no relapses since starting. Can't run but can paint all day.

Return to “Antibiotics”