Taking Copaxone & Rebif together

Tell us what you are using to treat your MS-- and how you are doing.
Sweets

Taking Copaxone & Rebif together

Post by Sweets »

I will soon be adding Rebif to my Copaxone therapy. My neuro suggested it since Copaxone seems to have lost its efficacy. Has anyone else tried this?
patientx
Family Elder

Re: Taking Copaxone & Rebif together

Post by patientx »

Sweets wrote:I will soon be adding Rebif to my Copaxone therapy. My neuro suggested it since Copaxone seems to have lost its efficacy. Has anyone else tried this?
Hi, I'm in a clinical trial looking at a combination of Copaxone and Avonex. It's similar to what you are describing, since Avonex is the same interferon as Rebif.

I've only read of one other person taking both Copaxone and Rebif. I'm curious, why is you doctor prescribing both, if the Copaxone no longer seems to be working? And has he considered adding Avonex, instead of Rebif? It's the same medicine, but you would only have one extra shot per week.
NHE
Volunteer Moderator

Re: Taking Copaxone & Rebif together

Post by NHE »

patientx wrote:I've only read of one other person taking both Copaxone and Rebif. I'm curious, why is you doctor prescribing both, if the Copaxone no longer seems to be working? And has he considered adding Avonex, instead of Rebif? It's the same medicine, but you would only have one extra shot per week.
...and less side effects due to the lower injection frequency and no injection site reactions since it's an intramuscular injection.

NHE

Return to “Regimens”