minocycline

A forum for the discussion of antibiotics as a potential therapy for MS

minocycline

Postby louiebear » Mon Apr 09, 2007 4:03 am

Is anybody aware of a phase 3 trial that Biogen Idec initiated some time ago with Avonex and Minocycline. Here in the UK the companies will not even give information to your GP let alone a patient.

I've been taking 200mg of minocycline per day for almost 3 years based on the information Luann Metz provided for me. The first relapse i had since then started in January 2007 which was much less aggressive than anything previous. I should also point out I have used Avonex since 1998.

Any upto date info would be appreciated

thanks
louiebear
louiebear

Advertisement

Re: minocycline

Postby NHE » Tue Apr 10, 2007 3:08 am

louiebear wrote:Any up to date info would be appreciated

A quick search of the abstracts to be presented at the 59th annual meeting of the American Academy of Neurology didn't yield any concerning Avonex + minocycline but it did yield a few others, e.g., minocycline alone as well as minocycline + copaxone.

http://tinyurl.com/2zttfn

NHE
NHE
Volunteer Moderator

Postby SarahLonglands » Tue Apr 10, 2007 4:48 am

Thanks NHE: you beat me to it. I thought it was copaxone and minocycline, now I don't need to search.......Sarah
An Itinerary in Light and Shadow Completed Dr Charles Stratton / Dr David Wheldon abx regime for aggressive secondary progressive MS in June 2007, after four years. Still improving with no relapses since starting. Can't run but can paint all day.
SarahLonglands
Family Elder

Postby tory2457 » Mon May 14, 2007 8:05 pm

I'm also treating my MS with Minocycline along with other abx, and I too am having good results.

It so nice to share stories of success with antibiotic treatment rather than the same tired and true CRAB drugs that are "modifying"; a word I'm still searching for a definition for.

yes, I'm convinced my MS is a bacterial infection. I am going for new MRI's within the coming month. I look forward to report the status of my lesions.

Just made quite the round regarding Minocycline as a first time poster...and didn't realize just how many posts I answered! Mino caught my eye, and well...mino like doxy I give a big thumbs UP!

best to all,
tory
tory2457
Family Member

Return to Antibiotics