Albhoy update.....

A forum for the discussion of antibiotics as a potential therapy for MS
Albhoy
Getting to Know You...

Albhoy update.....

Post by Albhoy »

Took a wee abx break in November after two years of being relapse free, feeling great. Caught a helluva flu in December which floored me for a week, got over that and then it came back in January for a couple of days, then relapsed beginning of Feb, course of steroids followed and when I finished them I got straight back onto the abx, and won't be taking another break in the near future...... :D
MacKintosh
Family Elder

Post by MacKintosh »

Ouch! I sympathize; I'm on a hiatus from abx in order to do a blood test next monday. I want my abx back!!! Two of my subordinates are in the hospital with respiratory illnesses and I'm being ridiculously cautious, trying not to be exposed to anything while off abx.

So, how do you feel?
The difference between what we do and what we are capable of doing would suffice to solve most of the world’s problems. Mohandas Gandhi
SarahLonglands
Family Elder

Post by SarahLonglands »

Al, I've been pondering this for a few days.I do every time somebody on abx has an unexpected relapse yet I never have. The obvious difference here is that you have two young children coughing and sneezing around and I don't yet after two years you should be clear of all this. What about supplements and most especially vitamin D? I took mega amounts even before I started abx and continue to this day. After all, you do live in D-deprived Scotland.

Another essential is n acetyl cysteine, to guard against reinfection. It is easy to think you are taking plenty of these every day, but checking on my husband showed that he hadn't taken any of either for more than a week and he s the one who reaised the importance of taking NAC to avois reinfection with Cpn. :?

Sarah
An Itinerary in Light and Shadow Completed Dr Charles Stratton / Dr David Wheldon abx regime for aggressive secondary progressive MS in June 2007, after four years. Still improving with no relapses since starting. Can't run but can paint all day.