US Media Coverage...Begins Now :-)

A forum to discuss Chronic Cerebrospinal Venous Insufficiency and its relationship to Multiple Sclerosis.
catfreak
Family Elder

Post by catfreak »

WooHoo!!! Sammy Jo!!!!

Fantastic story!!

Cat
Holly - Shine On You Crazy Diamond - Pink Floyd

9/3/09 Stanford - Dr Dake - Stent in R-J to unblock Arachnoid Cyst in Sigmoid Sinus. Stent in narrowed L-J. Balloon in narrowing where R & L Jugulars meet.
kjwxau
Getting to Know You...

Post by kjwxau »

Excellent SammyJo. been following you for years. Kim
Ruthless67
Family Elder

Let us not forget Putnam

Post by Ruthless67 »

I’m reading where folks are disappointed that Dr. Zamboni said, those with severe disability that he's treated have only experienced "less fatigue and were less tired and more positive".

Elsewhere on this board are discussions about MS. Doctor, Tracy Putnam, and his early research. I couldn’t find the thread I wanted, I found plenty of “Putnam” treads just not the right one, lol.
The one I was looking for talked about why his research got buried and as I remember, which probably is not anywhere close to a quote, it went something like this.

Once Dr. Putnam announced his theory, MS patients clamored and besieged him wanting a Cure & wanting it Now so he tried, I believe? Oral Vascular medications or something like that?? (I’m probably technically wrong here, but hear me out anyway, cause that's not the point I'm trying to make.)
The point being,...... they didn’t work, so NO Cure, and life went on, his work got buried and the auto-immune Theory prevailed.

What concerns me is a parallel to what is happening today with Dr. Zamboni. The MS Societie's in the Media coverage I’ve seen so far hint at this scenario. Saying something close to “Our phone where flooded with phone calls, our offices were besieged, our work ground to a halt! These pesky MS’ers lumbered in with their wheelchairs and canes and just kept coming, and coming, looking for a miracle. And now, look folks, it’s a fluke, people aren’t jumping straight out of their wheelchairs after “The procedure” they are not "Cured.” So don’t stop taking your current medications and be sure to watch for our updates on the New Oral Drugs which will be coming soon, made available to you through your local friendly Neurologist!”

So ALL of you pioneers who have had the procedure done, please like Sammy Jo stated so eloquently, "Don't worry, I'm looking forward to making an impressive comeback! That is why it is so important that those of us who were early pioneers, and lucky enough to get the treatment, post our results in the CCSVI Tracking Log here at TIMS. We have to write our own case reports, honestly, the good, the bad. This will help other patients decide on trial participation, and help doctors develop good diagnostic protocols, treatment procedures, and follow up therapies for CNS repair. If it weren't for the resources posted here at TIMS by those who went before me, I would not have had the confidence to try this."

Let’s not let this information stagnate, we’ve got research to do!!! We may not have the “CURE” YET, but we’ve got a course set and it looks good, I mean, More than 55 percent !!!

Lora

Return to “Chronic Cerebrospinal Venous Insufficiency (CCSVI)”