CCSVI - STEP #1 and beyond

A forum to discuss Chronic Cerebrospinal Venous Insufficiency and its relationship to Multiple Sclerosis.

CCSVI - STEP #1 and beyond

Postby MSToronto » Fri Mar 12, 2010 2:18 pm

Hello to everyone. I am on this site on hehalf of a very close friend who has been diagnosed with MS over five years ago. I've been reading about MS and learning as much as possible for a few years now.

The most recent months have presented the possible cure for MS known as CCSVI treatment. We have had an MRV and Doppler on the Jugular/chest area done already. However don't know where to move forward now or even know whether or not if we have the correct scans produced.

There are tons of sites all offering specs of information but I haven't been able to find something yet that is almost along the lines of a step by step. Seeing that this is all relatively new and everyone seems to be trying to piece it all together, I was hoping to have a thread that contained the steps to move forward starting with these areas:

1) What types of scans do I need?
(more details the better. It seems that some neurologists don't bother setting you up with the proper scans)

2) How can I set up these scans and who can do them for me?

3) When I get the images back after the scan, what do I do with them?
(For instance, our neurologist won't be very helpful because he doesn't really know what to look for in regards to ccsvi - trying to weed out the wrong result readings from MD's who don't understand the ccsvi method)

4) What are the options for treatment of CCSVI?
(Personal accounts and findings for treatment)

All your help in regards to this will be incredibly appreciated! I hope that it will help other newbies as well.
MSToronto

Advertisement

Postby Johnson » Fri Mar 12, 2010 11:31 pm

Hi MSToronto,

Welcome to TiMS.

The answers to all of your questions are here, there is a lot of reading to do.

Start with the "stickies", and be sure to read the 63 pages on the main CCSVI thread, and the Tracking Project thread for treatment anecdotes.
My name is not really Johnson. MSed up since 1993
Johnson
Family Elder

Return to Chronic Cerebrospinal Venous Insufficiency (CCSVI)