i think that the diagnosis of ccsvi is difficult. none are expert at this since we are still in the phase of discovery. I would not trust one study. i would not trust anything short of catheter venography with ivus
drsclafani wrote:Funny, after all the years of competition, i just posted my ideas before publicatoin....
it is extremely useful in
1. detecting particlly duplicated IJV
2. documenting stiff or fused valve leaflets
3. measuring stenosis is most accurate
4. proving that narrowings in the mid and upper jubular veins are physiologic not stenotic
wonder if Dr Simka uses the left femoral
girlgeek33 wrote:Nothing yet, tho I've heard rumor that it has not been approved yet, no specifics. So eager to hear what's up....
belsadie wrote:Did I miss it? Did the good doctor get IRB approval??? Does anyone know??
drsclafani wrote:belsadie wrote:Did I miss it? Did the good doctor get IRB approval??? Does anyone know??
THE GOOD DOCTOR DID NOT GET APPROVED. THE GOOD DOCTOR GOT SHOT DOWN. I HAVE NOT RECEIVED THE OFFICIAL REJECTION BUT AMONG THE ISSUES THAT WERE RAISED AGSINST MY PROPOSAL WERE
1. AN OBSCURE GERMAN ABSTRACT REPORTING TEN PATIENTS THAT SHOWED NO ASSOCIATION BETWEEN CCSVI AND MS
2. A NEWLETTER OF SOME FORM STATING THAT ONLY RANDOMIZED TRIALS SHOULD BE PERFORMED.
3. THAT RANDOMIZED CONTROLLED STUDIES WERE ALREADY UNDERWAY IN BUFFALO. ANYONE KNOW ABOUT THAT?
4. THAT THE NATIONAL MS SOCIETY RECOMMENDED AGAINST TREATMENTS
5. THAT PATIENTS WERE BEING CHARGED FOR PROCEDURES. AND I HAD NO FUNDING
6. AND OF COURSE, THE WALL STREET JOUIRNAL TALKING ABOUT DAKES COMPLICATION AND DEATH
SORRY FOLKS, I AM REELING
I AM LOST RIGHT NOW.
I AM SPEAKING TO OTHERS WHO DO THE PROCEDURE TO SEE IF I CAN DO MY PATIENTS AT THEIR SITE.
I AM LOOKING FOR SOMEWHERE ELSE TO TREAT MY PATIENTS.
ANYBODY KNOW OF ANYONE INTERESTED IN INVESTING IN A PROCEDURE SITE?
SORRY TO ALL OF YOU. I AM SO UPSET
drsclafani wrote:3. THAT RANDOMIZED CONTROLLED STUDIES WERE ALREADY UNDERWAY IN BUFFALO. ANYONE KNOW ABOUT THAT?
Cece wrote:drsclafani wrote:3. THAT RANDOMIZED CONTROLLED STUDIES WERE ALREADY UNDERWAY IN BUFFALO. ANYONE KNOW ABOUT THAT?
It's a small study of 30 patients. First ten are getting the treatment as a safety/pilot twenty. Of the next twenty, half will get the treatment and half will get placebo. I don't know how 'underway' it currently is.
I cannot believe this. But it'll be ok. You cannot keep a good doctor down.
Users browsing this forum: Robnl