Hi Dr. Sclafani,
it is quite interesting that 200,00 hit milestone passed with barely a peep.
Your first post was March 14
100,000 posts on May 13 = 9 weeks
200,000 posts on June 30 = 6 weeks = 3 weeks sooner!
When I had flipped my calendar, I noticed your star on July 21 (the nine-week mark), then I checked your current views which showed 199,996!! The 1/3 fewer weeks took me, and I'm sure everyone else, by surprise!
so lets look at some of the undeliverables to you
1. a test still has not been read
2. we are discussing an atlas
3. I did not get an IRB proposal accepted
1. Did we forget to tell you that we would much rather ask the questions and have you
2. Will this be an Internet-based atlas and/or a print-based atlas? You can find your office and email inbox filled with CDs and images simply by posting a physical/PO Box address and an email address.
3. You can win approval with a second application--take as long as necessary to arrive at the right decision for you.
I'm raising my glass of grape juice to toast your previous 100,000 views, this 100,000 views, and your next 100,000 views, BUT the biggest celebration will come when you hit 1,000 of your smart, welcoming, caring, witty, thoughtful, expert, honest, polite, compassionate, and forgiving posts read by an audience of thousands! Wow!
In addition to helping us, you're busy saving organs and lives, teaching medical school, advising students, mentoring residents, overseeing your department, and so much more. I don't know how you do it all, but I am very grateful that you do find the time for us.
Thank you again, Dr. Sclafani, our Rock star.