Passport Medical

A forum to discuss Chronic Cerebrospinal Venous Insufficiency and its relationship to Multiple Sclerosis.
James78
Getting to Know You...

Post by James78 »

out of interest, what are the general waiting times to have the procedure done in poland, bulgaria, anywhere else at the moment? If anyone could just give me a very rough idea (2 months, 6 months?)....I am relapsing at the moment and dont want to be on the phone to hospitals right now when all I want is an estimate

thankyou in advance

James
LivabirdsHubbie
Family Member

waiting times

Post by LivabirdsHubbie »

James,

I believe Bulgaria, you are looking around February 2011 or so, just had a couple of friends book there and that is what they were given.
We booked about 1 month ago and we got in for October.

Ali,
Have you considered Bulgaria, depending on your MS, i believe they are very good with PPMS.
The costs are about the same as Poland. My wife went to Poland in April, had some good results but are now long gone, we are going for a second treatment in Bulgaria, they tend to do the azygos more than Poland and this is what Dr Zamboni says affects PPMS the most.
LivabirdsHubbie
Family Member

one more thing

Post by LivabirdsHubbie »

Bulgaria do have an express service for an extra 1000 euros.
I don't consider this to be queue jumping as this extra goes towards the medical staff working overtime. If they get this type of request, they arrange for an evening/weekend procedure, so this is not bumping people.

I agree that there is no need to go through any MIDDLE men for arranging treatment. Go direct, with the internet you can do just about everything yourself anyways.
Also both Euromedic(poland) and Bulgaria will arrange all the hotels etc you need, usually at a discount rate as well as arranging pickup and drop off at the airport.