Can CCSVI start from a young age: 2 years old?

A forum to discuss Chronic Cerebrospinal Venous Insufficiency and its relationship to Multiple Sclerosis.
adamt
Family Elder

Can CCSVI start from a young age: 2 years old?

Post by adamt »

I was diagnosed with MS in 2002 but noticed some very slight bladder/walking symptoms from 2000.

My mum used to tell me that she remembers exactly one week before my 2nd birthday that i went from being a very placId, happy child to a fustrated, hard to control - phsyically and emotionally, throwing temper tantrums, required a long period of pacifying to calm back down.

This continued until i was about 12-13.
Since this age i have just been a normal, happy positive person.

I am due for CCSVI testing in a few months.

So can tCCSVI start at the age pof 2, if it does could it have caused the mental symptoms i explained as a child?
Last edited by adamt on Thu May 06, 2010 5:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
Salvatore24
Family Elder

Post by Salvatore24 »

I think Dr. Zamboni has suggested that CCSVI may be congenital. Other causes may be due environmental changes or possibly trauma. I've read that he did do a study back in the late 80's on the neck veins of teenagers/children, and 90% of them had a MS diagnosis by their twenties. The name of the paper is "P. Zamboni, A. Cossu, L. Carpanese, G. Simonetti, G. Massarelli, A. Liboni: "The so called primary venous aneurysms", Phlebology 1990, 5:45-50 "

I haven't been able to track it down as of yet, it is only coming up as a reference.

As with anything (food, alcohol, drugs, smoking etc) everyones body will cope differently when placed under stress. Some people can smoke a packet or more a day all their lives and not get cancer, others might not smoke as much, yet get cancer in their twenties. We just don't know when each individuals body will say enough is enough and start to be affected.
adamt
Family Elder

Post by adamt »

thanks for the reply, i think your right that CCSVI would affect everyone differently
Cece
Family Elder

Re: Can CCSVI start from a young age: 2 years old?

Post by Cece »

Were there any other major changes when you were turning two, like a move or a younger sibling being born? If it was out of nowhere, then yeah, that could be CCSVI or it could be just that age...they don't call it the terrible twos for nothing, it's an age when kids grow into their own some.

I know I had some m.s. or now ccsvi symptoms when I was eight, so two is certainly possible, and with CCSVI being defined as congenital and occuring between the 3rd and 5th month of pregnancy, it would be something you were born with.
"However, the truth in science ultimately emerges, although sometimes it takes a very long time," Arthur Silverstein, Autoimmunity: A History of the Early Struggle for Recognition
elyse_peace
Family Elder

Post by elyse_peace »

Adam -
I picked up this link from a post by cheerleader.
Dr. Zamboni's original CCSVI in Multiple Sclerosis paper--
http://jnnp.bmj.com/content/80/4/392.full
Hope it helps.
Best of luck on this journey.