Cost Factor for the Procedure

A forum to discuss Chronic Cerebrospinal Venous Insufficiency and its relationship to Multiple Sclerosis.
thornyrose76
Family Elder

Cost Factor for the Procedure

Post by thornyrose76 »

I am on provincial disability, which amounts to $400 Canadian a month-no- not much.

The point is how on earth can I afford the angioplasty, given that the procedure isonly being performed in a few limited places around the world and not in Canada where I UNFORTUNATELY live, what can I do? Get a loan from a bank or is that impossible? Any suggestions, anyone?

:cry: :cry:
NZer1
Family Elder

Post by NZer1 »

We don't have access to treatment in NZ yet.
I would be interested to hear what people have paid for their treatment/liberation. Not quotes or guesses please.

Its going to be interesting seeing how this works over time, the cost should lessen and for some nations the Govt will look at this and for others insurance will be the answer.

But for now how much did it cost you, if I might ask?
Whitey
Family Member

Post by Whitey »

My brother and I are asking friends and family for donations to afford the trip.

We are also holding a social (a fundraising party) where friends and family buy tickets, drinks, and we are having a silent auction as well. We're hoping to make enough to cover our airfare from the fundraiser.

We are most likely also going to have to spend money on our credit cards or lines of credit and pay it off over a long period of time. We realize that we are extraordinarily lucky to be able to raise enough and afford this trip...

My suggestion to you: talk to the organizers of your local CCSVI group (CCSVI Manitoba) and see what they can do for help. Unfortunately, it may come down to waiting until it's available in Canada...

@NZer1 - We are going to be paying about $3500CAD for flights, and abut $5000-6000CAD for the testing & treatments. $1 CAD is currently approx $0.94 USD for reference.