Dr. Sclafani interview from Italy...

A forum to discuss Chronic Cerebrospinal Venous Insufficiency and its relationship to Multiple Sclerosis.
cheerleader
Family Elder

Dr. Sclafani interview from Italy...

Post by cheerleader »

for the fans of rock star, Dr. S---

here's a recording of his interview in Ferrara, Italy. Scroll down to mid-page...Dr. S speaks in his native tongue, and is translated into Italian :)

link

Nice mention of the ever-persistent BestadMom
enjoy-
cheer
Husband dx RRMS 3/07
dx dual jugular vein stenosis (CCSVI) 4/09
http://ccsviinms.blogspot.com
HappyPoet
Family Elder

Post by HappyPoet »

Wonderful presentation!

Fantastico!
LR1234
Family Elder

Post by LR1234 »

Thank-you Dr Sclafani:) (and Cheerleader too, nearly forgot about you!)
Last edited by LR1234 on Fri Jun 11, 2010 4:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
blossom
Family Elder

Post by blossom »

thanks cheerleader. now i can put a face to this great doctor. wish we could clone these doctors like him and the other ccsvi doctors.
Donnchadh
Family Elder

Post by Donnchadh »

http://espr3ssioni.files.wordpress.com/ ... =300&h=225

What follows is an excerpt from the article and translated by Google so it is a rough translation.

From Brooklyn also spoke Scaflani Savior, interventional radiologist within the same university, with 40 years of experience, has said no to retirement, finding passion in CCSVI most of his professional life.

Has already "liberated" 20 patients through the procedure of balloon bulging veins free the obstruction.

He opened a forum on ThisisMS.com, where he answers questions from patients, which, he says: "Too often know nothing, believe that intervention is in the arteries rather than veins, infections or even fear of dying. "

Tell however, many patients authoritative, participating in every way in research, surveys and information dissemination.

Its qualities enable the radiologist as anyone else to discover, even in the most obscure, narrowing the veins that are hidden in images of the plates.
Are based on what percentage of patients obtained CCSVI in multiple sclerosis.

If those who carry out the checks is not sufficiently prepared, the invalidity or decrease the accuracy of the research did not see the obstruction: so much so that some studies report a 60% of patients with obstructed veins at the front of the other touching 90.100 %, in short, explains Scaflani, it takes the "art of interpretation", or venous malformations sometimes beyond.
Kitty says, "Take that, you stenosis!"

Got MS?.....Get Liberated!
ozarkcanoer
Family Elder

Post by ozarkcanoer »

I was very moved by Dr Sclafani's presentation. Especially by the last part where he describes his interaction with ThisIsMs people. It almost made me want to cry when he said that he was thinking about retiring next year but he decided not to because of us, all of us with MS and all of us with CCSVI. And it sounds like he just might have IRB approval. I want to give a big hug to bestadmom for finding him : ((((bestadmom)))) !!!

ozarkcanoer
Trish317
Family Elder

Post by Trish317 »

Am I the only one who noticed that our dear doctor's first name translated into English is "Savior"?
Cece
Family Elder

Post by Cece »

ozarkcanoer wrote:And it sounds like he just might have IRB approval.
He sounded optimistic, but it wasn't for certain...he said something like this: I got approval last night. Maybe. I don't know yet.
(not verbatim)
"However, the truth in science ultimately emerges, although sometimes it takes a very long time," Arthur Silverstein, Autoimmunity: A History of the Early Struggle for Recognition
bestadmom
Family Elder

Post by bestadmom »

Thanks for the hug OC! He's my rock star. If Mick Jagger can still rock after 40 years, so can Dr. S.

Return to “Chronic Cerebrospinal Venous Insufficiency (CCSVI)”