Letter writing campaign for Barb Farrell - VICTORY

A forum to discuss Chronic Cerebrospinal Venous Insufficiency and its relationship to Multiple Sclerosis.
ms2009
Family Member

Post by ms2009 »

Done.
This is the letter that I have sent: http://businessleader.blogspot.com/2010 ... rrell.html
foreignlesion
Family Member

Post by foreignlesion »

Not meaning to alarm anyone with this scary statistic, but I thought it may add a sense of urgency to some of our letters.

Taken from Stats Canada, Canadian Vital Statistics, this is an official Stat as of 2006 (the newest available):

433 MS related deaths/year in Canada.

How many more people have already died or will die without the option of being treated for CCSVI?
mangio
Family Elder

Post by mangio »

here's the number to call,
705-728-9802 B. Hospital
hope410
Family Elder

Post by hope410 »

With the Parliamentary hearings on Monday night and Tuesday, with Drs. Zamboni and Simka presenting, I think this is exactly the kind of real-life account that needs to be brought out to the public and to the attention of the policy-makers. It puts a name, a face and a real life story to what we are asking for. Sometimes that helps to personalize it.

So let's do our best to make our plea on behalf of Barb and her family for some assistance. It could echo far at this critical juncture.
HappyPoet
Family Elder

Post by HappyPoet »

Cece,

Consider it done!!

You know I think the world of you, and after reading this thread, I now think the universe of you.

We must help save her, and we'll give it one heck of a try!

Thank you, Cece.
coin
Family Member

Post by coin »

done! you can make a tick for bavaria, Germany:-))
and also thanks to CeCE!!!!!!
girlgeek33
Family Elder

Post by girlgeek33 »

I'm on it, via email though. Still not able to write very well... This makes me sick. I hope as many Canadian MSers in the area can have a rally for her at her hospital!!!!!!
Catra

letters in the works

Post by Catra »

Cece,

I too saw this on Facebook and will be composing and sending my letters today.

It amazes me that a simple procedure like this which shows immediate results can be arbitrarily discounted for MS patients. I take copaxone and it has been deemed effective but the researchers and scientists do not even know for sure how it works in the body, yet a vascular angioplasty which doctors can easily understand and explain needs to be halted and researched further. How ridiculous is that????

I hope the letters will change some minds enough to help Barb.
girlgeek33
Family Elder

Post by girlgeek33 »

I emailed because I can't write all that well yet. But, might I suggest sending both emails and letter for those that are writing letter. Barb may not have time for snail mail? I hope she does but she needs something to happen now!
Shueywho
Family Member

Post by Shueywho »

I found this quote last night and thought it really fit here with this movement.

Margaret Mead (American Anthropologist)
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has.

Thank you, everyone. Cece, you amaze me with your dedication.
mangio
Family Elder

Post by mangio »

Her patient advocate at Barrie Hospital is:
James Sweeny
705-728-9802
Dr C Guest I.R. Imageing Dept.
Cece
Family Elder

Post by Cece »

What amazes me is the number of addresses and emails and phone numbers that have been added to this list. You guys are fantastic.

If you've already sent an email, consider printing it off and sending it by mail as well...double the impact...Barb Farrell wants CCSVI treatment, she was two days away from getting CCSVI treatment, let's get her the CCSVI treatment!!!
Last edited by Cece on Sun Jun 13, 2010 9:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
"However, the truth in science ultimately emerges, although sometimes it takes a very long time," Arthur Silverstein, Autoimmunity: A History of the Early Struggle for Recognition
welshman
Family Elder

Post by welshman »

Just a thought for everyone, at the bottom of the newspaper article there are links for various "things". When I first read this yesterday,
I sent e-mails of the article directly from the paper to my M.P. at both his local and Ottawa offices, raising the issue of the Commons "take note" debate which I believe is tomorrow (monday).
pegmegrund
Family Elder

Post by pegmegrund »

Thank you for providing email addresses. I've sent emails to the government officials, as well as the the news organizations listed.

Cece - thanks for organizing this. Barb's situation just breaks my heart. I hope that we can be heard and that she can have treatment.

As I was sending my emails, I was picturing the video of Dr. Zamboni at the AAN conference asking for both more research and also compassionate treatment at the same time. I hope this becomes reality.
Last edited by pegmegrund on Sun Jun 13, 2010 9:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
bestadmom
Family Elder

Post by bestadmom »

Done. Thx Cece for spearheading this.