anyone who had CCSVI treatment in India, please share.

A forum to discuss Chronic Cerebrospinal Venous Insufficiency and its relationship to Multiple Sclerosis.

anyone who had CCSVI treatment in India, please share.

Postby Shinks » Wed Jun 23, 2010 6:53 am

Hello, new to this forum, but not to MS. I am considering having treatment in India and would like to hear from folks who have gone there to have CCSVI done there?
Anyone?
Shinks

Advertisement

Postby mangio » Wed Jun 23, 2010 1:17 pm

please check pm
mangio
Family Elder

Postby laura383 » Sun Jul 11, 2010 3:51 pm

I have just returned from having Liberation in New Delhi. It was great. Modern, clean, very high tech. I had MRI, MRV, Doppler ultrasound, angiogram and then liberation. The neuro team was great, the IR at the top of his field (Dr Vipal Gupta). I'm very pleased that I went. Very pleased with the experience.
All the doctors speak English, but not all the hospital staff. The hospital itself is fairly new (a year old) and huge, there are 4000 people working there at Medanta Hospital.
Do not be deterred because India is not as developed as the US. There are plenty of great facilities and people there.
laura383
Family Member

Postby Deena » Sun Jul 11, 2010 4:16 pm

In my opinion, as long as you make sure to choose a high-end hospital in India, they are superior to USA hospitals. Nice doctors and more aftercare.

So I've seen King Edward Memorial Hospital listed several places as a place to get treatment in Mumbai, India. But, I wish I could update those lists to say use caution at this place. I've heard from surgeons and family in India that this is primarily a gov't hospital for low-income people, and they tell me India is not known for cleanliness or hygiene at low income facilities (sad, I know).

I almost chose Kokilaben Ambani hospital in Mumbai. A high end hospital. I spoke personally with the surgeon Dr. Vimal Someshwar. Very nice guy. He said they're trying to push approval through to start doing the procedure for MS patients. He felt it'd get approval in 5-7 weeks (from today).

If you want to go to Mumbai, I'd jump on this one. They don't keep a waitlist until they have approval, so if you stay on them in 5-7wks, you might be first on their list!

The total cost is 6,500 to 8,500. Plus flight, which is considerable.

My two big negatives were that I couldn't handle the long flight from the states, or the killer heat. Not that the hospital wouldn't have a/c.
Deena
Getting to Know You...

Return to Chronic Cerebrospinal Venous Insufficiency (CCSVI)