What is your opinion?

A forum to discuss Chronic Cerebrospinal Venous Insufficiency and its relationship to Multiple Sclerosis.

What do you think about having the Liberation treatment?

I want to have it as soon as I can.
81%
I'm going to wait until it is proven to be safe and effective.
16%
I don't want to have it at all.
3%

Total votes: 32

David1949
Family Elder

What is your opinion?

Post by David1949 »

We've heard from many "medical experts" that we shouldn't get Liberation treatment because it is not proven, that it doesn't work and that it's just too dangerous. Well now let's get the opinion of people who deal with MS every single day...us, the people who are afflicted by it.
elyse_peace
Family Elder

Post by elyse_peace »

I am 60 years old with chronic progression, getting increasingly worse over the past 5 years.
If I do nothing, things will absolutely continue to deteriorate. If I do something (Liberation treatment), problems should at least stop accruing, and I may even realize some relief.
Johnson
Family Elder

Post by Johnson »

I voted that I wanted to have it done as soon as possible, though I had it in June, and I am going for Round 2 in 3 weeks.

It works (at least, it did for me), although I did re-stenose (IJVs). My hope is that second time holds better.
My name is not really Johnson. MSed up since 1993
David1949
Family Elder

Post by David1949 »

elyse_peace wrote:I am 60 years old with chronic progression, getting increasingly worse over the past 5 years.
If I do nothing, things will absolutely continue to deteriorate. If I do something (Liberation treatment), problems should at least stop accruing, and I may even realize some relief.
I'm with you.
Cece
Family Elder

Post by Cece »

Angioplasty is already considered safe. It's the effective part that needs proving.
bigfoot14
Family Elder

Post by bigfoot14 »

Again I'm voting for my wife

we are on a couple of waiting lists already and if some of the clinics in the Chicago area get approved we will get done sooner
LivabirdsHubbie
Family Member

Post by LivabirdsHubbie »

I too am voting for my wife...
She has had it once in Poland, had good results at first, but most gone, we think it is due to them not looking at the azygos vein, and as she is PPMS, this is very important

Off to Bulgaria October 6th :lol:
lucky125
Family Elder

Post by lucky125 »

I've done it twice and won't hesitate to go back for a third time if I begin restenosing again.

I have been RR for 20 years. I respond very well to this treatment. It is very real for me, and is better than any drug I've ever been on. And I've been on almost all of them!
Liberated at Georgetown U. 3/3/10. Subsequent procedures at U of Maryland with Dr. Ziv Haskal 7/30/10, 12/2/10, 5/11/11. http://myliberationadventure.blogspot.com

Return to “Chronic Cerebrospinal Venous Insufficiency (CCSVI)”