symptoms directly related to CCSVI

A forum to discuss Chronic Cerebrospinal Venous Insufficiency and its relationship to Multiple Sclerosis.
sbr487
Family Elder

symptoms directly related to CCSVI

Post by sbr487 »

Reading a post about Tsyabri go me thinking about this -

We have often discussed how fixing CCSVI relieves of lot of symptoms (like fatigue, brain fog etc.). So, the thinking is that the MS issues we see are a sum of:

- direct venous insufficiency related (or local or immediate issues related to blood flow)
- related to immune activity (indirectly related to CCSVI)

If this is the case, how is it possible that Tsyabri provides so much relief?
The underlying problem of blood flow still remains ...

Any thoughts?
A new scientific truth does not triumph by convincing its opponents and making them see the light, but rather because its opponents eventually die and a new generation grows up that is familiar with it
- Max Planck
Cece
Family Elder

Post by Cece »

I think you are right, we can't discount that the immunomodulators have an effect on MS relapses. The CRABs have turned out to have little to no impact on long-term progression, which surprised researchers. Tysabri is so powerful that I would hope it would have an effect on long-term progression, but even with Tysabri there is a 'rebound effect' when you come off of it, where you're more likely to have a MS attack. I think the reason for this is that while on an immunomodulator, there is an accumulation of iron depositions and deoxygenated dead&dying neurons or glial cells, but the immune system is kept from cleaning them out. This is beneficial because the immune system does create further damage when cleaning up. As soon as the immunemodulator is discontinued, the immune system gets in, and the clean-up/further damage occurs. To me CCSVI theory can dovetail with the existing immune theory, as long as the auto- is dropped off, and CCSVI explanations for things like fatigue are accepted.