Blood Pressure

A forum to discuss Chronic Cerebrospinal Venous Insufficiency and its relationship to Multiple Sclerosis.
auburntiger
Getting to Know You...

Blood Pressure

Post by auburntiger »

I know that many with MS have low blood pressure. For those that do and had the liberation procedure, did you have any noticeable change after the procedure.

For the first fifteen years with MS, my blood pressure was always about 89-90 over 58-60. Even during 2 pregnancy. Because I exercised 5 days a week, low weight, good diet, I always attributed it to those lifestyle choices. In the last year due to mobility (lack of exercise) issues, I did receive higher readings at 101/70 including right before the treatment.

After the liberation procedure, they were getting a reading of 122/70.

In my experience, there seems to be a link between CCSVI and low blood pressure. Any thoughts?
David1949
Family Elder

Post by David1949 »

I think you would find people with low blood pressure who don't have MS and people with high blood pressure who do. Anyway mine usually runs about 120/70. If you wanted to you could run a poll here to see how other people with MS stack up for blood pressure. You could also run a similar poll for people who don't have MS to use as a control group or there is probably published data on average blood pressure that you could use for a comparison.
Val1964
Family Member

Post by Val1964 »

Hi, my Blood pressure is very low too. I am not dizzy but I feel light headed all the time and after my first liberation procedure I felt great for 18 days until I restenosed.
Val :D
MS_HOPE
Family Elder

Post by MS_HOPE »

My typical blood pressure has been 90/60 for years. I always wondered whether it was a factor in my fatigue, but the doctors always seemed to just be happy it wasn't high, and dismissed my concerns.

I'll definitely be checking whether it increases to a more normal range after CCSVI treatment!
CCSVI:  Making Sense of MS
dunkempt
Family Elder

Post by dunkempt »

Yes, low here. Back when I thought I only had Chronic Fatigue Syndrome, was also investigated for neurally mediated hypotension (blood pressure drops after exercise, when standing for prolonged periods, etc.). Didn't have it acutely enough to warrant treatment. But since liberation the fatigue doesn't show up at those times any more; maybe the bp is more normal too.
-d
dx rrms august 2009 (dx CFS spring 1988) off avonex after 3 months
treated katowice 24-25 march 2010 - best thing that ever happened - check tracking thread
1eye
Family Elder

Post by 1eye »

tell us if you find out!
This unit of entertainment not brought to you by FREMULON.
Not a doctor.
"I'm still here, how 'bout that? I may have lost my lunchbox, but I'm still here." John Cowan Hartford (December 30, 1937 – June 4, 2001)