Is there any evidence that chiropractic manipulations do anything outside relieving lower back pain?
Can "Applied Kinesiology" detect CCSVI?
Concerned, in answer to your first question, although there is more evidence to be found, I'm evidence! Read on...
Everyone, if you haven't already, check out this thread started by Dr. Flanagan: CCSVI and CCVBP
My story, important highlights only:
* MRV shows deformed dural sinuses. US shows 3/5 Zamboni criteria.
* Venoplasty of both IJVs with minimal improvements. Relapsed two months later.
* Renewed search for answers to remaining neurological symptoms.
* Found CCSVI and CCVBP
(thank you, blossom!)
* X-rays Oct. 2010 show two old, unknown neck fractures and tilted skull. (YIKES!!)
* Started AO chiro ASAP - Major improvements from GENTLE adjustments.
The morning after *first* adjustment, 100% of numbness receded from R foot; went from walker/power chair to cane.
After about four weeks and several adjustments, 100% of numbness receded from L foot. Put away the cane!
The 20' shark biting my torso (MS Hug) is GONE. Happened so gradually that I didn't notice the shark had left until my chiro asked about it!
There is lots of research on the thread plus lots of patient stories, like mine. Dr. Flanagan will answer your questions. He also helps people find the proper type of chiropractor needed. He found my *Atlas Orthogonal (AO, upper cervical) chiropractor who is fantastic. In fact, Dr. Flanagan has a plan for me to follow, and I'm only at the beginning.
My advice, fwiw, is to get spinal and orthogonal X-rays (from a qualified AO chiropractor, if possible) even if you don't remember any trauma.
Best of luck.