Official protocol for angioplasty fir pwMS and CCSVI?

A forum to discuss Chronic Cerebrospinal Venous Insufficiency and its relationship to Multiple Sclerosis.
lodgernz
Getting to Know You...

Official protocol for angioplasty fir pwMS and CCSVI?

Post by lodgernz »

Dear Dr Sclafani

I have had MS since 1992 and am now secondary progressive, but I had one severe relapse that lead to my diagnosis back in 1992.

I had angioplasty done here in NZ on 8 June 2010. I was the guinea pig. Only one other person with MS besides me has been treated for CCSVI in NZ. The miniscule beneficial effects for me lasted all of one week. A Doppler scan three months later confirmed I had restenosed.

I want the angioplasty again, but my Vascular surgeon and IR are unaware what, if any, new and more effective protocols are used now.

My question to you is, do you have or know of a ’how to’ protocol that is used as a guide by which angioplasty for pwMS/CCSVI is performed?

Your comments would be gratefully appreciated.

Thanks

Frances Hamilton (with permission from lodgernz)[color=darkblue][/color]
TMrox
Family Elder

Post by TMrox »

You might want to write your question directly in Dr Sclafani thread, otherwise he might not see it

http://www.thisisms.com/ftopic-10680-4035.html
Rox
Diagnosed with Transverse Myelitis in December 2008. Inflammatory demyelination of the spinal cord (c3-c5). No MS, but still CCSVI.