Poll *Do you have headaches? often?*

A forum to discuss Chronic Cerebrospinal Venous Insufficiency and its relationship to Multiple Sclerosis.

Do you suffer from headaches?

yes
53%
no
47%

Total votes: 45

NZer1
Family Elder

Poll *Do you have headaches? often?*

Post by NZer1 »

Elsewhere I have recently seen comments that head aches are not common in MS.
I for one have regular headaches, they fluctuate and I put up with them, although I think they are most likely caused by MS..., or is it associated with CCSVI?
As a non medical person I call them pressure head aches rather than stress or muscular strain of the neck or forehead or for that matter eye strain.
Please add your experience with head pains.
blossom
Family Elder

ccsvi

Post by blossom »

i do not get headaches very much. but, i do get a very bad pain when sleeping that wakes me up at night. it starts at the base of my skull right near where i have my one and only lesion and radiates up the back of my head. this has persisted for a good many yrs. when this happens it seemed my other symptoms got worse. strangely after liberation that had subsided for a good while. i have had it happen 2 times since aug.3 and it was more intense. the one time i thought it might be the biggie. i am overall worse since liberation but for whatever reasons this pain did subside for the most part. time will tell i guess.
PointsNorth
Family Elder

Post by PointsNorth »

Earlier in my MS career (RRMS) I had weekly/monthly migraines. Now that I have graduated to SPMS I have virtually no headaches. I wonder if this pattern is common?

PN
elyse_peace
Family Elder

Post by elyse_peace »

happily i do not. except for random stabbing, but brief, pains.
personally i think those are from the lyme.
eve
Family Elder

Post by eve »

I always had headaches when growing up. However when MS became more apperant, my headaches got less. Still there though, at least 1 -2 a month.

I think we saw the same item, he talked about headaches and nausea, that it is not common in MS, but when I do too much and i am not able to take a rest when needed, often I will vomit.
dx 2002,RRMS,  suspected begin of MS 1978 (age 10)
ErikaSlovakia
Family Elder

Post by ErikaSlovakia »

I have headaches very often and quite strong. It started I thing when I was about 6. Even my nausea. I was vomiting yesterday - I thing it is because of my relaps I'm having.
At least the pain behind my eyes is gone.
Erika
Aug. 7, 09 Doppler Ultras. in Poland, left Jugul. valve problem, RRMS since 1996, now SPMS,
- Nov.3,09: one stent in the left jug. vein in Katowice, Poland, LDN, never on DMDs
- Jan. 19, 11: control venography in Katowice - negative but I feel worse
Algis
Family Elder

Post by Algis »

I am on the lucky side this time: I very seldom have headache (and they are mild) - probably only the days after I try higher doses of fermented beverages :P

Not much fatigue, no fog; eyes perfects since removal of cataracts due to high doses of steroids.
AJMcE

Post by AJMcE »

I get headaches every week, with a migraine once a month. My Neurologist and MS nurse insist they are nothing to do with MS.
bigfoot14
Family Elder

Post by bigfoot14 »

My wife gets headaches 3-4 times a week....
and has for years
BadCopy
Family Elder

Post by BadCopy »

Shortly before my first symptoms I had a headache that was worse than any other directly on the top of my head. From then until I had my first procedure I had headaches on and off. After my first op I realized that a pressure was gone that normally had been there.

Not sure but I thought I saw a post regarding spinal fluid pressure in MS
silverbirch
Family Elder

Post by silverbirch »

I had migraines for 10/15 yers then I had an attack got DXMS RR and never had another migraine 2 yrs ago

Although i took a tablet immigrain to treat migraine then I looked immigrain up and guess what it says can cause lesions !!!! upon speaking with the upright Doc he says their should be more control over pharmasutical companies with migraine tablets.

I took them like smarties.....
poppet
Getting to Know You...

Post by poppet »

I've suffered migraines since my early 20's.....about 30 years....also tension headaches. They got worse over the years. I take imitrex (migraine headache is believed to be caused by a widening of the blood vessels in the head...Imitrex narrows thes vessels and relieves the symptoms of migriane headache) It works for my headaches but interestingly I've noticed weakness after using this medication. Thankfully the headaches have greatly reduced as has my use of Imitrex.
hannakat
Family Elder

Post by hannakat »

Interesting question, and something I've even thought about. I used to have regular headaches but haven't had one in years now. Not that I miss them.
Kathyj08
Family Member

Post by Kathyj08 »

I have had migraines for years and also take imitrex. I actully cut them into thirds so am not taking a strong dose. I also get eye pain. I have been seeing an upper cervical chiro and the headaches seem less frequent.
poppet
Getting to Know You...

Post by poppet »

I've cut back on the Imitrex too....from 100mg to 50mg and I cut them in 1/2. I'm also looking into the upper cervical chiro.....worth a try.

Return to “Chronic Cerebrospinal Venous Insufficiency (CCSVI)”