help, i need a treating physician in michigan

A forum to discuss Chronic Cerebrospinal Venous Insufficiency and its relationship to Multiple Sclerosis.
bretzke
Family Member

Post by bretzke »

I emailed Dr. Williams 4 days ago. No reply yet.

Brian
Cece
Family Elder

Post by Cece »

Dr. David Williams of the University of Michigan has conflicting feelings about CCSVI after treating one patient. As an interventional radiologist, he routinely opens up veins of patients who suffer from blockages and experience severe symptoms.

He is skeptical of the theory because the blocked veins in MS patients are very minor compared to ones in the patients he treats. At the same time, he said he can't ignore stories of patients who say they've been helped by his colleagues.

Williams didn't think he did much for an MS patient whose veins he recently dilated — veins that weren't very narrow. But the patient let him know soon after that her symptoms had improved dramatically.

Even though he didn't understand why the patient got relief, he compared the effect to acupuncture.

"We don't really understand all the physiology and anatomy in that response and yet people get responses to acupuncture even though we don't understand all the pathways," Williams said. "So I am prepared to accept that there may be some things like that in this (treatment)."
http://www.detnews.com/article/20110330 ... skepticism

Update on Dr. Williams of Michigan, along with a video clip.

He does not sound gung ho for CCSVI, but the one patient he treated had a positive outcome. It's interesting, I wonder what the average narrowing is for MS patients? You couldn't describe my narrowings like that, as being "not very narrow." 100% and 80% blockages!

Perhaps Dr. Williams will have attended the SIR conference in Chicago and, having taken in more of his colleague's reactions to CCSVI, he'll be responding to some of the patients here who have contacted him?
formyruca
Family Member

Post by formyruca »

I have met with two IR's in Michigan. One just this morning. They are both interested, but want to see the results of my scans from Dr. Haacke.

Not sure I want to put their names here, so contact me via pm if you want their names.

One of them went to school with Dr. Dake.
Cece
Family Elder

Post by Cece »

Any takers? That is great news. Hope you have success with getting treated by one of them, formyruca!!

We need a list of states to see if there are still left without an IR treating CCSVI. Hawaii is one of them still, afaik.
DaytonCCSVI

Re: help, i need a treating physician in michigan

Post by DaytonCCSVI »

All these inquires are all around us in Ohio... please allow me to post this information statement:

We at DIR(Dayton Interventional Radiology) just want to put an FYI out to MS suffers that we have been approved to participate and are enrolling patients in a CCSVI treatment trial through the Hubbard foundation. If the patient is proven to have narrowed neck veins(we perform a venogram) with MS, they will have the Angioplasty done if they choose..We are located in Dayton, Ohio. If you or anyone you know are interested in learning more you go to our website(http://www.daytonir.com), email us at daytonCCSVI@yahoo.com or call and ask for Chuck!

Thanks

Chuck :-D