BNAC face book

A forum to discuss Chronic Cerebrospinal Venous Insufficiency and its relationship to Multiple Sclerosis.
1eye
Family Elder

BNAC face book

Post by 1eye »

In case anyone didn't see this on de face book:

BNAC Research
by Bnac Ccsvi Study on Wednesday, March 2, 2011 at 5:40pm

March 2, 2011

Dear BNAC Friends and Followers,

We are aware of allegations being circulated questioning the integrity of BNAC research. There is no truth to them. Our CCSVI work, like all scientific research we conduct, is subject to internal and external quality controls before being submitted for possible publication in a peer-reviewed journal. The peer-review process offers the best possible assurance that the facts which serve as the basis for published research are reliable, accurate and useful for fostering discussion to advance understanding in an area of study.

At the internal level in BNAC, multiple data quality controls are performed during the collection, analysis and data mining phases in accordance with our quality assurance policies. The final findings of the study are meticulously examined and discussed at different internal and external levels. Once a manuscript has been compiled and submitted to a journal for peer-review, the editorial board of that particular journal appoints several (usually 2-5) independent reviewers highly knowledgeable in that specific area of study.

Peer-review is both a stringent and painstaking process that may take 3-6 months, depending on the number of questions raised and revisions requested by the reviewers. In addition, very often the journals appoint independent statisticians and experts in the field who also give their opinions about the validity of the research. Typically, there is much "back and forth" between the editorial office and the researchers. In the end, peer review provides assurance that all aspects of the research under evaluation are quality controlled and conducted in accordance with international scientific guidelines. If the research meets the standards of the journal, the editorial board usually recommends the manuscript for publication. This step often takes another 6-9 months until publication.

Publication in a scientific journal is a very important milestone for every scientific study. It is also the beginning of the next level of discussion, one that will ensure the findings are debated in the broader scientific community. This is how science advances.

We hope the above clarification renews your confidence that BNAC's published research has been thoroughly controlled, both prior to submission and by the journals that publish our results. BNAC always has been and always will be committed to publishing the research it conducts, no matter in which direction the research findings may point us. That direction may cause disappointment or dismay in some circles but the scientific results are the results, and must stand on their own merit.

We thank you for your interest in our CCSVI research that is shedding new light on the relationship between the venous system and multiple sclerosis.

----------------------------------------------------
They also said:

If you have a concern about BNAC's research, kindly write a letter to the editor of the joirnal in which itvwas published. When itvis published, Dr. Zivadinov will respond through the journal as is customary .

Please post other questions to ...one of the forums for discussion such as CCSVI I'n Multiple Sclerosis, ThisIsMS, Patients Like ME, etc.

We will retain "Likes" and "Dislikes" on this site and delete comments. We welcome discussion by all who are interested in CCSVI and MS.

Please save the date of Saturday , May 7 from 12-2 I'n Buffalo for BRAINS, VEINS, & GAINS: What CCSVI Research is revealing about MS and More. You will have an opportunity to hear Dr. Zivadinov present his findings and ask questions. Message with questions.
This unit of entertainment not brought to you by FREMULON.
Not a doctor.
"I'm still here, how 'bout that? I may have lost my lunchbox, but I'm still here." John Cowan Hartford (December 30, 1937 – June 4, 2001)

Return to “Chronic Cerebrospinal Venous Insufficiency (CCSVI)”