Introduction-search for informations

A forum to discuss Chronic Cerebrospinal Venous Insufficiency and its relationship to Multiple Sclerosis.
marlel

Introduction-search for informations

Post by marlel »

Hello from Greece!!! :D
I would like to to introduse myshelf here too... : )
My name is Maria and i am an ms sufferer for about 10 years !
I LIVE WITH MS THE LAST 10 YEARS, WITH PROBLEMS OF BALANCE AND A PROBLEM WITH MY RIGHT LEG!
THE FIRST 4 YEARS I TOOK INTERFERONS. SINCE THEN I HAVE DONE MANY THINGS, AS LDN, KLENER'S PROTOCOL, SPECIAL DIET BUT I HAVE NOT SEE MANY THINGS! AS TIME PASSES THINGS ARE getting WORSER :(
SO I HAVE DECIDED TO HAVE THE CCSVI PROCEDURE!
IN A FEW WORDS, after the results from an echo Doppler (THE RIGHT JUGULAR HAS THE MAIN PROBLEM) and an MRV that I have made... I DON' T KNOW WHERE TO HAVE THE CCSVI PROCEDURE AND SOMETHING, THAT I THINK IS MORE IMPORTANT,
I DON' T KNOW WHERE TO FIND A GOOD EXPERIANCED DOCTOR......I’ M NOT LOOKING FOR A DOCTOR OR A HOSPITAL IN MY COUNTRY, BUT SOMEWHERE IN EUROPE.
I hope that you could help me with YOUR informations. IF YOU KNOW SOMETHING, THAT YOU BELIEVE, WILL SHOW ME THE WAY, IT WILL MAKE ME VERY HAPPY : )
Thank you very much and i am waiting with anxiety for your reply. ALSO YOU COULD SEND ME A PM TOO!!!
I WISH THE BEST FOR YOU! MANY KISSES FROM GREECE!!! :lol:
frodo
Family Elder

Re: Introduction-search for informations

Post by frodo »

There are several sites listing the possibilities. Take a look here for example:

http://www.ccsviclinic.com/index.php?ti ... age#Europe

Be careful. Veins obstructions can reappear. You should always have a plan in case of restenosis. It would be better if you try to get care closer to your home city.

you can also try

Dr. Nicholas Liasis
109-111 Mesogeion Ave., Athens, Greece
Tel: +30 210 69 11 668

Good luck.
Last edited by frodo on Mon Apr 11, 2011 3:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Cece
Family Elder

Post by Cece »

Welcome to the site!! Two doctors that come to mind are Dr. Simka in Poland and Dr. Reid in Scotland.
Dr. Reid:
http://www.essentialhealthclinic.com/we ... ation.html
Dr. Simka:
http://strona.simka.nazwa.pl/multiple-sclerosis.html

But as patients since research is lacking and CCSVI is new, even after the decision to have it done, we have to make up our minds on issues like:

* Will I accept a stent?
* What amount of anticoagulation am I comfortable having or not having?
* If the very large balloons have a danger of vein collapse, does this IR use very large balloons?
* What is this IR's track record of finding azygos stenoses?
* Does this IR use IVUS? (not currently used by European CCSVI docs, afaik)
* What would this IR do if he found a narrowing in the upper area of the jugulars? How would he determine if it is physiological or stenotic?

Some people have said, just trust your doctor on all that! But when choosing a doctor, that's when we have any control over all those issues. And they are all doing things differently.
civickiller
Family Elder

Post by civickiller »

since u got tested, if you feel comfortable posting up your scans, please do
Cece
Family Elder

Post by Cece »

So I took my quest for venoplasty to a clinic in Athens which had treated many MS patients for CCSVI. You are reading the update on the treatment and my condition that readers were promised in that article.

I was the 45th MS patient to be seen by Constantinos “Costas” Kartkaletsis, a consultant vascular surgeon.
Athens, Greece? Maybe look up Dr. Kartkaletsis?
www.favstocks.com/on-the-road-to-liberation/2037807/2/
1eye
Family Elder

Post by 1eye »

I don't want to sound like a broken twentieth century recording device made from shellac or vinyl, but until you have an after-care appointment made, in a place that's accessible, in case of restenosis or thrombosis, DON'T LEAVE HOME.
This unit of entertainment not brought to you by FREMULON.
Not a doctor.
"I'm still here, how 'bout that? I may have lost my lunchbox, but I'm still here." John Cowan Hartford (December 30, 1937 – June 4, 2001)

Return to “Chronic Cerebrospinal Venous Insufficiency (CCSVI)”