American Access Care Hosts Special Education Day

A forum to discuss Chronic Cerebrospinal Venous Insufficiency and its relationship to Multiple Sclerosis.
Cece
Family Elder

American Access Care Hosts Special Education Day

Post by Cece »

http://www.businesswire.com/news/home/2 ... cation-Day

NEW YORK--(BUSINESS WIRE)--On July 15, 2011 at 9:30 a.m., American Access Care, the premier operator of interventional radiology centers in the United States, will host a special Education Day for patients that are suffering from Cerebrospinal Venous Insufficiency and caregivers at the Crowne Plaza Times Square Hotel in New York City. The free-to-attend Education Day will launch their three-day symposium on Cerebrospinal Venous Insufficiency, also known as CCSVI, a hotly debated new treatment for sufferers of neurodegenerative diseases such as multiple sclerosis, a disease that affects nearly three million people worldwide.

Education Day will be hosted by CCSVI physician advocate Salvatore J.A. Sclafani, MD, who is a Professor and Chairman of Radiology and Professor Surgery and Emergency Medicine at SUNY Downstate College of Medicine, University Hospital of Brooklyn. During Education Day, patients will have the opportunity to interact with physicians involved in CCSVI research and treatment. Speakers will address how patients are evaluated and diagnosed with CCSVI, and how doctors select the best candidates to be treated with the procedure. Information will be shared through presentations, patient roundtables and Q&A sessions. Although not attending, former TV and film star, Annette Funicello, who suffers from MS, will be supporting CCSVI Education Day by providing food and refreshments for patient and caregiver attendees under the auspices of The Annette Funicello Research Fund for Neurological Diseases.

CCSVI research, which is focused on restricted venous outflow from the brain, seeks to understand the role that venous obstruction plays in demyelinating diseases and to evaluate techniques that alleviate venous obstructions. Discoveries in the past several years by Dr. Paolo Zamboni of Italy have shown that MS is highly correlated with restricted blood flow from the brain. Research that is underway to test the CCSVI hypothesis and develop standardized treatment will be the focus of the physician-attended portion of the CCSVI symposium on July 16 and 17.

For more information on CCSVI Education Day, please visit www.ccsvisymposium.com/ms-patients
cheerleader
Family Elder

Post by cheerleader »

Wish I could be there! Will be a great day....wishing all of our TIMS posters who will be speaking (won't mention names to protect privacy) the very best of luck! Thanks to Christine from CCSVI Alliance for traveling to NYC to spend the day. And a HUGE thanks to BestAdMom and Dr. Sclafani for putting this event together. It is much appreciated!!!!
cheer
Husband dx RRMS 3/07
dx dual jugular vein stenosis (CCSVI) 4/09
http://ccsviinms.blogspot.com
Cece
Family Elder

Post by Cece »

Next year you'll have to come, Cheer. Won't take no for an answer.

I am willing to disclose that I am one of the four patients at the patient roundtable. I spent a few hours today at the mall buying an outfit for the occasion, so if I look good, let me know, and if not, you know I tried....
bestadmom
Family Elder

Post by bestadmom »

Thanks, Joan. I'm with Cece, getting tired of waiting to meet you. It's been over two years. I'm also on the panel with Cece, but no new outfit for me.