Heat Intolerance?

A forum to discuss Chronic Cerebrospinal Venous Insufficiency and its relationship to Multiple Sclerosis.

Postby Hooch » Wed Jul 20, 2011 10:03 am

Yes is the short answer. I have been treated and a ice pack on my neck helps this feeling. I also wear one of those neck ties soaked in water when I am out and about to help with this.

Last summer, before I was treated I hung out in air conditioning in the basement with icepacks on my neck, head and chest to just survive on hot days.

Yesterday (during a slight break in the super hot weather) I visited a cottage for the first time in 2 years and had no headache or heat related problems - I drank a ton of water and spent lots of time in the lake!
Hooch
Family Member

Advertisement

Postby 1eye » Wed Jul 20, 2011 10:27 am

I think I did try a neck cooler and it worked. I always wear one on trike rides, and the airflow keeps it cool as long as it stays wet. I will not be going out for a few days though. I also wear a wet do-rag under my bike helmet. Still get hot but it's tolerable if blood is flowing.

I think they put niacin in a lot of foods. I got the itchy skin from a large amount but I heard they have somehow reduced that problem. Don't know details.
The bottom line on MS is,,. They don't know what causes it. So they can't treat it. And this BUGS THEM.

I am not a doctor. Do not take anything I say as medical advice.
1eye
Family Elder

Previous

Return to Chronic Cerebrospinal Venous Insufficiency (CCSVI)