British Columbia, Canada, Doctor makes cardio history

A forum to discuss Chronic Cerebrospinal Venous Insufficiency and its relationship to Multiple Sclerosis.
dania
Family Elder

British Columbia, Canada, Doctor makes cardio history

Post by dania »

cheerleader
Family Elder

Re: British Columbia, Canada, Doctor makes cardio history

Post by cheerleader »

Thanks for the story, Dania.
Dr. John Webb, a Canadian endovascular surgeon, pioneered this heart valve replacement technique, which is saving the lives of those too frail/old to undergo open heart bypass surgery. Here's another man who credits Dr. Webb with saving his life:
http://www.ctvbc.ctv.ca/servlet/an/loca ... lumbiaHome

We were really fortunate in the US to get an innovative cardiothoracic IR interested in CCSVI, Dr. Dake. Canada has the talent and knowledge.
cheer
Husband dx RRMS 3/07
dx dual jugular vein stenosis (CCSVI) 4/09
http://ccsviinms.blogspot.com
1eye
Family Elder

Post by 1eye »

Is this for the right side valve (tricuspid) as well? Can it be used to apply to other valves, like the CCSVI related ones?
This unit of entertainment not brought to you by FREMULON.
Not a doctor.
"I'm still here, how 'bout that? I may have lost my lunchbox, but I'm still here." John Cowan Hartford (December 30, 1937 – June 4, 2001)
dania
Family Elder

Post by dania »

That is the big question?
MrSuccess
Family Elder

Post by MrSuccess »

the point being made .... is that entering and navigating the veins/ arteries..... of seriously ill people ...... CAN BE DONE. As is illustrated ........ :idea:

In the case of pwMS ..... it seems the likelihood of encountering blockages of some type and severity in their veins ...... would hamper the ability of the "wire " to follow the path of the vein being explored. I can easily see internal damage and injury taking place IF any substantial force is applied. How fast can you go through a NUTCRACKER ? :twisted:

In the case of the Lebanon CCSVI investigation ..... they took as little as 20 minutes of exploration time rooting around in the veins of sick people. This strikes me as barbaric. You might get away with high-speed wire play .... in healthy people ...... but not with the ill.

Now for the GOOD NEWS.

There are many good people offering CCSVI treatment. They are skilled. They are experienced. And most of all ...... super cautious with your well being.

All in all ..... the story and video ...... give the CCSVI Liberation procedure ..... great support.

MrSuccess

Return to “Chronic Cerebrospinal Venous Insufficiency (CCSVI)”