Face oedema ??

A forum to discuss Chronic Cerebrospinal Venous Insufficiency and its relationship to Multiple Sclerosis.
cheerleader
Family Elder

Re: Face oedema ??

Post by cheerleader »

cervocuit wrote:Cheer
I would guess that your husband do better thanks to nutrition.
Not true. Jeff was on the Swank diet and Endothelial Health program for over a year before venoplasty. It was only the venoplasty which relieved his spasms, neurogenic bladder, sleep apnea, heat intolerence, cognitive fog and fatigue. Diet and exercise didn't touch those symptoms.
cheer
Husband dx RRMS 3/07
dx dual jugular vein stenosis (CCSVI) 4/09
http://ccsviinms.blogspot.com
drsclafani
Family Elder

Post by drsclafani »

cervocuit wrote:Cheer
I would guess that your husband do better thanks to nutrition. My facts is that I was at the top of a relapse during angioplasty and nothing happens... because I expected nothing. I didn’t restenosed 1 year after. My azygous system is perfect and I have 3 lesions in spine. I also do better thanks to nutrition and the time passing by.
Dr S
I don’t doubt that blocked veins leads to swollen face. As you said it’s logical. And I don’t doubt that it’s usefull to treat that. But I doubt it has something to do with the MS. You said it happens when vein is occluded at the confluens near the chest. Aren’t the valves at this place ? I read that CCSVI was all about the valves so every MS patient should have swollen faces ?
all patients with ms do not have foot drop either

my point is that the vasculature is very varied just like all the rivers of the world flow win different wayss. they all drain the mountains but they surely do not look the sam
Salvatore JA Sclafani MD
Patient contact: ccsviliberation@gmail.com
JSTCD
Getting to Know You...

Post by JSTCD »

I actually did a "study" on this, right here.

http://www.thisisms.com/forum/chronic-c ... c8839.html

this was back when I fist heard about CCSVI, there was only Dr Zamboni's work, and who knew, maybe he's wrong or biased, or a crook. There were no other relavent studies yet, so I decided to make my own.

Naturally I didn't want to wait around for the academics to investigate CCSVI with full double blind rigor, as that'll be too late. I needed to figure out what is the most promising cure, in a rational way, and at the same time try to avoid wishfull thinking, frauds etc., and take a shot at it. (As cancer patients do)

So I did this survey to see if there was anything to this or if this was just a wild goose chase. I was amazed at the results

As hard as CCSVI seems to be to test for, the basic "head turns overly red on exercise" test seems pretty good. I would think that blockages to main head veigns would show up in the face, still the head after all, and it would appear that they might indeed.

Alas, this survey having been done with a few intenet blogs and by a non doctor, means it's going nowhere, but it did serve it's original purpose of convincing me that CCSVI was real.