Multiple sclerosis: Damaged myelin not the trigger

A forum to discuss Chronic Cerebrospinal Venous Insufficiency and its relationship to Multiple Sclerosis.
masci
Getting to Know You...

Multiple sclerosis: Damaged myelin not the trigger

Post by masci »

Cece
Family Elder

Re: Multiple sclerosis: Damaged myelin not the trigger

Post by Cece »

I read this through the other day. It is a mouse experiment. They were unable to create an MS-like disease by exposing mice with an intact blood-brain barrier to damaged myelin, if I am remembering. It was not overly relevant to CCSVI because the CCSVI environment of a weakened blood brain barrier, reflux into the blood vessels of the brain, focal points of hypertension within the capillaries of the brain, iron diapedesis, impaired cerebral metabolism, reduced glucose and oxygen levels, and impaired perfusion were not in place.

I am curious about the CCSVI marmoset experiments we heard about many months ago!
Billmeik
Family Elder

Post by Billmeik »

ya I hope those marmosets give some results. I think cattle are the ethical thing to replicate putnam with. My ranch may become a lab.
Robnl
Family Elder

Post by Robnl »

Well, I thought it was clear that te demylenisation is a consequence of things going wrong in the brain.
A Dutch researcher is busy (fase II trial about to start) with the Alfa B Crystalline protein, he believes that an 'unknown stressor' is causing ABC to accumulate extremely in the place where oligodendroncytes are. Immune system attacks ABC and as a colletoral damage the oligons are destroyed. Oligons make myeline etc etc. (in a nutshell)

By injecting ABC he hopes that the body gets usesd to ABC again, no immune reaction...etc etc

(got a document about this)
MarkW
Family Elder

MS = we do not know the triggers

Post by MarkW »

masci wrote:http://medicalxpress.com/news/2012-02-m ... igger.html
How this connects with CCSVI?
This research puts CCSVI syndrome in the same box as myelin destruction:
Both are symptoms of MS which may help pwMS when treated.

Please read Prof Zamboni's recent paper (I will bump the thread)
= Causes of MS are multifactorial and not known.

MarkW
Mark Walker - Oxfordshire, England. Retired Industrial Pharmacist. 24 years of study about MS.
CCSVI Comments:
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/health/8359854/MS-experts-in-Britain-have-to-open-their-minds.html