CCSVI Society sued by MS Society in Italy

A forum to discuss Chronic Cerebrospinal Venous Insufficiency and its relationship to Multiple Sclerosis.
Cece
Family Elder

CCSVI Society sued by MS Society in Italy

Post by Cece »

First our doctors cannot get along, and now the patient societies cannot get along?

Here is what the Italian CCSVI Society has to say, as translated by google: http://translate.google.com/translate?s ... e%252F1543

And what Cheer has to say, over on facebook:
1eye
Family Elder

Re: CCSVI Society sued by MS Society in Italy

Post by 1eye »

I have read the translation and cheerleader's comments. Follow the money. The MS Societies are obviously feeling pinched, and feel it's time to fight back. They and their favorite doctors are afraid all these clinical trials will actually come up with something. Worse, that they already have.

There is legal action and lobbying probably coming from the 10 billion dollar (and growing) MS drug industry. This kind of sum seems big enough to cover up a lot of deaths, and redundantly re-emphasize the early and unrepeated accidents in CCSVI treatments. Has the FDA been recently asked how they justify allowing sale of Tysabri or Gilenya? Why were those drugs not criminalized? Drugs and their administration are enforced, but morals don't seem to be.

How can MS Societies justify their promotion of such dangerous drugs? Can it be that they are more concerned about maintaining the status quo and the flow of money than they are about scientific progress or truth?
This unit of entertainment not brought to you by FREMULON.
Not a doctor.
"I'm still here, how 'bout that? I may have lost my lunchbox, but I'm still here." John Cowan Hartford (December 30, 1937 – June 4, 2001)
Cece
Family Elder

Post by Cece »

The first session of the legal proceeding between the Italian MS society and the Italian CCSVI group was quite satisfactory and the court decided to reject the application of the Italian National MS Society (AISM). The judge also imposed on both patients' organizations to agree to a proper information campaign about CCSVI.
Said by the Hubbard Foundation over on facebook.
1eye
Family Elder

Post by 1eye »

Cece wrote:
The first session of the legal proceeding between the Italian MS society and the Italian CCSVI group was quite satisfactory and the court decided to reject the application of the Italian National MS Society (AISM). The judge also imposed on both patients' organizations to agree to a proper information campaign about CCSVI.
Said by the Hubbard Foundation over on facebook.
"It's a good day to die."
-Chief Dan George as Old Lodgeskins in Little Big Man, by Thomas Berger, as he lies down for the Great Spirit to take him.

"Sometimes the magic works, and sometimes it doesn't"
-Chief Dan, when nothing happens.

In the movie, he doesn't die. In the book, he does.
This unit of entertainment not brought to you by FREMULON.
Not a doctor.
"I'm still here, how 'bout that? I may have lost my lunchbox, but I'm still here." John Cowan Hartford (December 30, 1937 – June 4, 2001)