Need Help

A forum to discuss Chronic Cerebrospinal Venous Insufficiency and its relationship to Multiple Sclerosis.

Need Help

Postby embolization » Tue Dec 18, 2012 3:35 am

Hi im trying to speak with anybody that understands pelvic venous congestion in males and trying to find a doctor or interventional radiologist in the uk who can help me because trying to get pct funding without a consultants support is imposssible if anybody can help please contact me I am new to the support sites and struggle to communicate and i get no responces from any comments thank you
Posts: 6
Joined: Wed Nov 21, 2012 6:50 pm


Re: Need Help

Postby Cece » Tue Dec 18, 2012 10:36 am

I don't know that there are any males here with this issue. This site is mostly for people with multiple sclerosis in addition to jugular vein or azygous vein blockages. Maybe there is a pelvic vein congestion site or a UK specific site ? You are welcome here, I just don't know if anyone can help.
Family Elder
Posts: 9302
Joined: Mon Jan 04, 2010 4:00 pm

Re: Need Help

Postby 1eye » Tue Dec 18, 2012 3:21 pm

I have a venous ulcer on my leg that won't quit. I think taking Daflon 500, or any un-prescribed medicine, is playing with fire in this situation especially. I have had acute pain since yesterday. It is hard to find help at this time of year even when you aren't cursed with "MS". I hope you can get the help you need. This forum can give you our sympathy, but with health issues besides CCSVI, I think you're much better off with real medical assistance. CCSVI is only a special case because it has been deliberately interfered with by big money interests. Especially with CCSVI, you need an experienced doctor and some good luck, anyway. There are doctors who read here, even post sometimes, and there are some from the UK, but none of us lay people can speak for them, and I personally would only look for help on the Internet if I had already tried everything else more than once. Too many screws loose (no offense meant to anyone here). Take with grains of salt, as needed.
This unit of entertainment not brought to you by FREMULON.
Not a doctor.
User avatar
Family Elder
Posts: 3725
Joined: Wed Mar 17, 2010 4:00 pm
Location: Kanata, Ontario, Canada

Re: Need Help

Postby NHE » Tue Dec 18, 2012 10:32 pm

This discussion on Dr. Sclafani's thread may be of help.
User avatar
Volunteer Moderator
Posts: 4921
Joined: Sat Nov 20, 2004 4:00 pm

Re: Need Help

Postby phlebologist » Wed Dec 19, 2012 2:01 am

Pelvic congestion syndrome is caused by incompetent ovarian veins. There is a similar venous insufficiency in males that is due to incompetent testicular veins (still, it is rarely accompanied by abdominal pain and other complaints typical for pelvic congestion syndrome, but rather it is causing varicocele). Such varicosities of spermatic veins can either be operated surgically by general surgeon or urologist, or managed endovascularly by interventional radiologist.
User avatar
Getting to Know You...
Posts: 18
Joined: Fri Dec 19, 2008 4:00 pm

Return to Chronic Cerebrospinal Venous Insufficiency (CCSVI)

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users

Contact us | Terms of Service