A New Approach

A forum to discuss Chronic Cerebrospinal Venous Insufficiency and its relationship to Multiple Sclerosis.
PointsNorth
Family Elder

A New Approach

Post by PointsNorth »

I think the nerve in question is the vagus?

http://blog.synergyhealthconcepts.com/new-treatment/
Albany 2010. Brooklyn 2011
Hayes inspired Calcitriol+D3 2013-2014
Coimbra Protocol 2014-16
DrG B12 Transdermal Spray 2014-16
Progesterone 2015-16
Low-Dose Immunotherapy 2015-16
My Current Regimen http://www.thisisms.com/forum/regimens-f22/topic25634.html
Cece
Family Elder

Re: A New Approach

Post by Cece »

A review of the technique has been submitted for publication in a peer reviewed journal. It demonstrates the safety of the treatment. It also quantifies autonomic symptom response of over 90%. While not everyone will respond, and in some patients the response may be of limited duration, we do see that the majority of patients have a durable response. A review of approximately 400 of our patients demonstrated that 75% have improving or stable symptoms at 6 months and beyond.
What's confusing to me is that he includes 400 patients. There is no way that he saw 400 MS patients who all had unstenosed veins. If the patients had stenosed veins, then there is no way to tell if the effects of the procedure are due to the proposed TVAM impact on the nerve or due to the improved flow resulting from the removal of a stenosis. If the paper included the data only on patients who were treated exclusively in nonstenosed veins or allows for an analysis of that data set, then his results could be evaluated without that confounding variable.

I have all along liked his use of HRV heart rate variability testing. It's a measurement of autonomic nervous system dysfunction.
SLOV8213
Family Member

Re: A New Approach

Post by SLOV8213 »

I know of a patient in Ontario, Canada who suffered a stroke receiving this treatment. Apparently going to far in the vein to stimulate the nerve. She walked in user her walker and is now using a manual chair her hands cannot operate the electric chair controls.