Kirsty Duncan wins Etobicoke again!

A forum to discuss Chronic Cerebrospinal Venous Insufficiency and its relationship to Multiple Sclerosis.

Kirsty Duncan wins Etobicoke again!

Postby 1eye » Mon Oct 19, 2015 8:48 pm

Kirsty Duncan has worked tirelessly in Opposition as a Liberal MP in Canadian Parliament, on behalf of all Canadians with MS, and put forward a private member's bill to support CCSVI. Now that her party has formed a majority government, we may see this Bill become a Liberal government Bill, and law of the land.

Thank goodness we are finally rid of Stephen Harper. Good luck to Justin Trudeau.
"Try - Just A Little Bit Harder" - Janis Joplin
CCSVI procedure Albany Aug 2010
'MS' is over - if you want it
Patients sans/without patience
1eye
Family Elder

Advertisement

Re: Kirsty Duncan wins Etobicoke again!

Postby 81Charger » Fri Oct 23, 2015 8:56 am

Let's all hope that she can do it.
81Charger
Family Member

Postby Brainteaser » Fri Oct 23, 2015 9:08 pm

Don't you think you might be a bit naïve putting faith in a politician regarding this? After all we can't even get the doctors on the same page. :?
Brainteaser
Family Elder

Postby 1eye » Sat Oct 24, 2015 5:15 pm

Brainteaser wrote:Don't you think you might be a bit naïve putting faith in a politician regarding this? After all we can't even get the doctors on the same page. :?

Nope. Probably all you have to do is read her webpages to see she is one of the hardest working politicians and scientists you've ever seen. She should be PM. The fly in the ointment is whether she is given the freedom and power necessary to be effective. She does have a head start, having already gotten a Bill on CCSVI through second reading...
1eye
Family Elder

Postby 1eye » Wed Nov 04, 2015 3:21 pm

She is science minister. With this portfolio she will be able to help us...
1eye
Family Elder

Postby Rogan » Wed Nov 04, 2015 11:50 pm

OneEye,

Wish you and your wonderful country much luck on this contentious issue.
Wish you long life, health, happiness, and as the Pope says

Spread the Mercy.

Thanks for all of your wonderful posts…Here's to a better future…

Rogan
Rogan
Family Elder

Postby cheerleader » Thu Nov 05, 2015 9:30 am

Happy for you and your country, 1eye!!! :YMPARTY: :-BD :YMHUG:
For those who don't know her, here's Kirsty Duncan speaking out on the necessity of CCSVI science and brain research, in a video message to the 2014 Canadian neurovascular health conference.
https://www.facebook.com/CanadianNeurov ... 965489267/

As the author of a bill to rigorously investigate CCSVI, (without pharma's interference), she is a known advocate. She is a scientist, has a doctorate degree, and understands bias. Having had the pleasure of meeting her and speaking with her at the 2013 Canadian CCSVI conference, I can say that I am THRILLED that Canadians have this brilliant, compassionate and energetic woman as their Minister of Science! She's the real deal. Here's to better days.
cheer
Husband dx RRMS 3/07
dx dual jugular vein stenosis (CCSVI) 4/09
http://ccsviinms.blogspot.com
cheerleader
Family Elder

Postby Cece » Wed Nov 11, 2015 10:17 am

Dr. Jock Murray had some contentious words to say on the subject of Kirsty Duncan's support of CCSVI in light of her new appointment.
http://motherboard.vice.com/read/canada ... -treatment

“Perhaps if she were to revisit her former comments and championing of CCSVI, as others have done, and would issue a statement to that effect,” Dr. Murray said, “she would regain some credibility in the eyes of scientists.”

Duncan’s office did not reply to repeated requests for comment.

Ouch! I'm sure she can handle this though.
Cece
Family Elder

Postby Cece » Thu Nov 12, 2015 7:23 am

http://news.nationalpost.com/news/canad ... -treatment
Participants on one online MS forum recently called Duncan a “brilliant, compassionate and energetic woman.”

Where have I read that? I've read that somewhere.... (two posts up)
:-D
edited: dear lord she is getting raked over the coals for her involvement with CCSVI.
http://news.nationalpost.com/full-comme ... -exhibit-a

edited: an article in support of Kirsty Duncan's support of CCSVI
http://www.macleans.ca/society/science/ ... -minister/
Cece
Family Elder

Postby 1eye » Tue Nov 17, 2015 4:20 pm

Well, you know Kirsty Duncan has been raked over coals before. She even wrote a book partly about that.

She is a politician who is used to the wrong-headed drivel that often comes from the press. The previous PM would have laughed at the press. This one has invited them in.

There is another side to this story other than the one being offered as gospel by the likes of Jock Murray, and she is already well acquainted with the so-called scientific consensus being given in some publications. She is a scientist, and people who accuse her of anything unscientific had better be careful. A minister of the Canadian government is a very powerful individual.

There is in Canada a growing awareness of CCSVI. People who have MS and their loved ones and caregivers are not well-served by misrepresentations and falsehoods such as the ones contained in this article.

According to Zamboni’s theory, MS is caused by a congestion of blood in the brain caused by congested veins (current established theories attribute MS to a combination of genetic and environmental factors). To treat this congestion, Zamboni proposed a procedure some call “liberation therapy,” in which stents or angioplasty balloons are used to open the veins leading from the brain—an operation that is neither approved by Health Canada or the FDA.

Neither Health Canada nor the FDA have specifically outlawed it, as it has obvious merit. A large number of MS patients in Canada have already had it.

According to anybody who knows anything about CCSVI, MS is not caused by anything of the sort. It has not been called anything of the sort for at least five years. Nobody uses stents for CCSVI.

Many peer-reviewed studies have found no relationship between CCSVI, liberation therapy, and MS.

No studies anywhere have found any relationship between "liberation therapy" and anything, ever. The rest of that statement is hopelessly garbled, but just for the record, a lot of science shows that CCSVI is real, can be very bad for you (including your heart), and has symptoms that are often confused with MS. Additionally, many MS sufferers have benefited from the procedure. This fact is known by anyone who works with MS patients in Canada, in spite of its suppression here. It has been suppressed by the actions of a few people and their paid lawyers here in Canada. That will soon change.

“Perhaps if she were to revisit her former comments and championing of CCSVI, as others have done, and would issue a statement to that effect,” Dr. Murray said, “she would regain some credibility in the eyes of scientists.

She has plenty. She does not need to regain any. Ask a real scientist.

Duncan’s office did not reply to repeated requests for comment.

Well, I do believe at least that much.

P.S. I got my solar panel rooftop going and my roof now earns $3.80 per hour ($0.38 /kWh for 10 kW), while the sun shines. Twice as much as I made in 1969 in my first job.
1eye
Family Elder

Postby 81Charger » Wed Apr 13, 2016 5:27 am

Has anyone heard anything from Kirsty Duncan since her appointment. I was hoping to of heard something by now.
81Charger
Family Member

Return to Chronic Cerebrospinal Venous Insufficiency (CCSVI)