Clinical History for Dr. Dake???

A forum to discuss Chronic Cerebrospinal Venous Insufficiency and its relationship to Multiple Sclerosis.
CRHInv
Family Elder

Clinical History for Dr. Dake???

Post by CRHInv »

Hi, I am writing up my 'clinical history' for Dr. Dake that Alex asked for. I just tried to call, but of course she is gone. I wanted to ask you guys if you could give me some direction. I have started and right now it is 2.5 pages of my MS stuff. Is that what he wants? I know he will call and ask more questions, but I feel sort of off track. TIA! Beth
Sport
Family Member

Post by Sport »

That sounds about right. I submitted a brief history of my disease progress, tests I've had, their results, my most recent MRI interpretations, MSFC scores, a history of all chemo and disease modifying drugs attempted, and a listing of all current medications.
mrhodes40
Family Elder

Post by mrhodes40 »

My friend Island Girls faxed her whole chart pages and pages :lol: It was in her history that he found some clues to her atypical presentation

In my case I emailed a few pages of year by year explanation/summary; when I had MRI's EDSS level, drugs I took, how they worked (didn't), what alternatives I tried (abx) and how that worked (kinda) etc. I told him any thing he wanted actual medical record from I would get at request.

He reads everything and yes that is what he wants; your medical history, what impact MS has had on your body, associated issues...

he is absolutely the most interested in YOU doctor I've ever had...
I'm not offering medical advice, I am just a patient too! Talk to your doctor about what is best for you...
http://www.thisisms.com/ftopic-7318-0.html This is my regimen thread
http://www.ccsvibook.com Read my book published by McFarland Health topics
Quest56
Family Elder

Post by Quest56 »

Hi,
Here's a link to the info I sent for review by Dr. Dake:

Questor's MS History

When I spoke to Dr. Dake, he said that what I had sent in was the right amount of detail that he was looking for. I included several attachments and a CD of my last MRI.

Hope this helps,

--Tracy
CCSVI Procedure 9/16/2009 at Stanford
Stent in left and right IJVs
SPMS
Copaxone
Former Ampyra User
Regular Botox Bladder Injections
300mg d-Biotin / day
CRHInv
Family Elder

Post by CRHInv »

Thanks you guys! I will work on this some more tonight. I really want to get this in the mail tomorrow, I hope I can get it done.