javaneen wrote:We should all make flyers and put them on people's car at everyone's local MS walk. I know I participate in the MS walk every year and there is always a flyer on my car when I leave with info about MS. We could make flyers with links to youtube video's and facebook sites...and of course TIMS. I really think that would get the word out to people with MS very quickly.
One way the National MS Society propels MS research forward is by funding high-risk, high-potential pilot projects to investigate new, untested ideas and attract new researchers to the field. These unique one-year grants allow researchers to quickly gather data needed to determine if their novel ideas are worth pursuing. A researcher who submits a pilot research proposal will receive fast-track reviews and approvals to speed the testing of new ideas.
* One-year grants for $33,000 (as of summer 2008)
* Any topic or technique relevant to MS research
* Quick turnaround: applicants usually know within 2 months if they will receive funds
* Pilots attract new talent: About half of pilot grant recipients are new to National MS Society funding
* Over 70 funded each year (We have temporarily suspended new applications to this program while it is being evaluated to ensure it is meeting the changing needs of the research community.)
Users browsing this forum: THX1138