Blast off in 4, 3, 2, 1...

A forum to discuss Chronic Cerebrospinal Venous Insufficiency and its relationship to Multiple Sclerosis.
CRHInv
Family Elder

Post by CRHInv »

Tracy, oh man, I was all ready to lose the copaxone for a while. Maybe I shouldn't... I guess I will take it along.
I will pick up a hot water bottle today too.

OC - That is great about your Walgreens! I have never had that good of a response from mine. Those things are also available through Amazon.com, although I never checked the shipping cost.

Rose - That is soooo great about your busy day, but especially your evening out! Keep telling me those stories, I love it! I am going to go grab some straws I have here and throw them in right now, so we don't forget at the hospital.

Thanks you guys!
dx 4/09 * Stanford appointment 11/09/09 * One stent left, low jugular 11/10/09!<br />One year from treatment, I have my life back.  Placebo schmebo.
Rose2
Family Elder

Clothing

Post by Rose2 »

Remember, no nightgowns or tops that you have to raise your arms up to put on.
I still can't do it . I have to keep my right upper arm down and pull my tops off and on around that shoulder. It is alot better and I think it was almost perfect before I slammed the car door the other day and now I am limited again. But better today.
just fyi
Rose
magoo
Family Elder

Post by magoo »

Beth,
There are a LOT of good places to eat around there. I hope you are able to try a few. I brought my own pillow to the hospital. I never like the hospital or hotel ones, although the pillows at the Sheraton are pretty good. Bring some Extra Strength Tylenol for after the procedure. I agree with the hot water bottle. I think a heating pad would be a good idea too. When flying bring a neck pillow. My headaches were worse when my neck was strained, so that pillow helped quite a bit. Oh, and comfy clothes are a must!
As for me...I stopped taking my Copaxone. This is absolutely a personal choice. I hope I never need it again!
I will be thinking of you:):):) When is your flight?
Rhonda~
Treated by Dake 10/19/09, McGuckin 4/25/11 and 3/9/12- blockages in both IJVs, azy, L-iliac, L-renal veins. CCSVI changed my life and disease.
CRHInv
Family Elder

Post by CRHInv »

Rose - Okay, I am going to go look for some more tops with buttons and maybe another pair of pj's.

Rhonda! - Nice to SEE you!! Awesome picture. Okay, I am going to go look around for a neck pillow and throw in the tylenol.

Thanks! Thanks! Thanks! :D
dx 4/09 * Stanford appointment 11/09/09 * One stent left, low jugular 11/10/09!<br />One year from treatment, I have my life back.  Placebo schmebo.
mrhodes40
Family Elder

Post by mrhodes40 »

I agree with the hot water bottle. I think a heating pad would be a good idea too
CAUTION!! no heat near the stent area itself!! Increasing blood flow in that area is not desirable in the healing phase. You do not want to trigger vasodilation at all, let the stents settle and heal in there.

I beg you both to talk to Dr Dake about when and under what parameters you can add heat. I wanted heat in the hospital and he said "that wouldn't be good for the stents". I was about 4 weeks out before I asked him if I could heat a kitchen towel in the micro and throw it around my neck in the back to relax those miserable muscles, that was allowed.

Heating pads generally provide more heat than is wanted for things like this, it is usually warmer than you want and lasts for too long. A water bottle at least cools down so that in 20 minutes you done with actual added heat.

Neck roll is an excellant idea! oh man I dreamed of my neck pillow while I was there..... :roll:

You'll do great!
I'm not offering medical advice, I am just a patient too! Talk to your doctor about what is best for you...
http://www.thisisms.com/ftopic-7318-0.html This is my regimen thread
http://www.ccsvibook.com Read my book published by McFarland Health topics
Sharon
Family Elder

Post by Sharon »

Marie wrote
CAUTION!! no heat near the stent area itself!! Increasing blood flow in that area is not desirable in the healing phase. You do not want to trigger vasodilation at all, let the stents settle and heal in there.
DITTO, DITTO!!!!

When I was in the hospital, a nurse thought a hot pad would help my sore throat --- good thing she was about ready to leave for the evening. The new nurse came in and immediately took it away.... be careful everyone!

Sharon
CRHInv
Family Elder

Post by CRHInv »

Okay, I am going to zip that bag shut any time now. Any other ideas?
Thank you guys so much! I will post all these ideas to the 'getting ready' thread later. I will find out about the hot water bottle when I talk to Dr. Dake.
bestadmom
Family Elder

Post by bestadmom »

Good luck in Cali. Hoping for stenosis!!!
Sharon
Family Elder

Post by Sharon »

Beth - you can get the neck pillow at Walgreens, Target

Good luck -

Mark (Skydog) will be pulling into Palo Alto for his follow-up on Tuesday or Wednesday. My daughter and my friend Mary will be there on Thursday for follow-up. Dr. D. is going to have a busy week!!
magoo
Family Elder

Post by magoo »

Beth, How is it going?? I hope you are doing well. Check in when you can:)
Rhonda~
Treated by Dake 10/19/09, McGuckin 4/25/11 and 3/9/12- blockages in both IJVs, azy, L-iliac, L-renal veins. CCSVI changed my life and disease.
CRHInv
Family Elder

Post by CRHInv »

Hey guys! I am laying flat in recovery, All is good, really good. One low jugular stent. More later.
Sharon - thanks for the phone smuggling tip.
Sharon
Family Elder

Post by Sharon »

Good for you Beth - we will await your update. Take care of yourself.

Sharon
LR1234
Family Elder

Post by LR1234 »

Great News Beth! Hope you recover soon x
magoo
Family Elder

Post by magoo »

Rest and keep us posted. You did it!!!!!
Rhonda~
ozarkcanoer
Family Elder

Post by ozarkcanoer »

:D :D :D :D :D

Return to “Chronic Cerebrospinal Venous Insufficiency (CCSVI)”