Who are the BIG names in CCSVI ?

A forum to discuss Chronic Cerebrospinal Venous Insufficiency and its relationship to Multiple Sclerosis.
Kate_PghPA
Family Member

Re: Who are the BIG names in CCSVI ?

Post by Kate_PghPA »

~
at last a Pittsburgh,PA 'performer' who's out in the Open ( AND he's associated
with Hubbard Foundation Ccsvi Registry... )

Vascular Access Center of Pittsburgh
Robert Worthington-Kirsch, MD
128 North Craig Street #100
Pittsburgh, PA 15215 (412) 683-4504

vascularaccesscenters.com

( Note: this Doc. Did NOT perform my Venoplasty in December 2010 )
Venoplasty 12/26/10 Vas.Surg/ Pgh,PA Angio'd Both IJV

2/9/11 F/U Transcranial Doppler: flowing well
8/15/11 Hosp. Exac. "MS" 1st Spinal lesions EVER seen/ MRI
9/7/11 F/U T. Doppler: flowing well
anneanne

Post by anneanne »

Is there anyone at this point in Massachusetts doing CCSVI treatment?
Cece
Family Elder

Post by Cece »

I'm not aware of anyone in Massaschusetts (but I'm not from around there, so take that for what it's worth.) Rhode Island Vascular Institute might be the closest?

http://www.rivascularinstitute.com/medi ... ogram.html
zjac020
Family Elder

Post by zjac020 »

Hi all,

Of those centres in Europe, can someone confirm which centre has the most experience? Belgium? Poland?

Thanks,
zjac
zjac020
Family Elder

Post by zjac020 »

No reply to this? Which centre in Poland has the most experience?
zjac020
Family Elder

Post by zjac020 »

Im still hopeful someone will help me locate Dr Marian Symca in Poland? Anyone? Please?
seeva
Family Elder

Re:DR.PAUL THIBAULT'S OBJECTIVE DUPLEX ULTRASOUND METHOD

Post by seeva »

Hi friends DR. Paul Thibault's objective duplex ultrasound method has recently published in print form
pleas read
regads
seeva
zjac020
Family Elder

Post by zjac020 »

Does anyone have any opinions on the ICC Istituto Clinico Cardiologo in Rome? Specifically a Dr Tommaso Lupattelli?

Regards,
zjac
kujaw

Post by kujaw »

zjac020 wrote:No reply to this? Which centre in Poland has the most experience?
Try there, in my opinion it's the best CCSVI place to go in Poland.

http://www.medicover.pl/hospital/344,ccsvi.htm
zjac020
Family Elder

Post by zjac020 »

Kujaw...whats your opinon based on?
MarcF

the big name is dott. Tommaso Lupattelli

Post by MarcF »

Dr. Tommaso Lupattelli is both an interventional radiologist and vascular surgeon. He is indubitably the most experienced interventionist on CCSVI treatment in the world. Indeed, Dr Tommaso Lupattelli ed his team (Brain Flow team. Visit www.ccsvi.net and go to the english version) have performed more than 2500 PTA in CCSVI patients since 2010. More than 1200 interventions have been already published in 2013 in Journal Vascular Surgery (http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/23948669 ). To date it is the most important series ever published in the international medical literature.

the ICC Casalpalocco is an high level cardiosurgery clinic and is fully specialized in CCSVI diagnosis and treatment.

I was treated by the Brain Flow Team and I' m very well and satisfied.

good luck to everybody
zjac020
Family Elder

Post by zjac020 »

With such positive and detailed feedback you were either very successfully treated or are on their payroll! Lol

i was treated by the brain flow team but must admit that it was disappointing to only be informed once I was in Italy that they NEVER use stents. That could and should have been discussed before hand when emails where exchanged, its an unfair way of backing the clients/patients into a corner as they are hardly going to turn back once they've traveled to Italy. They also claimed that there are no stents for veins approved by the EU in Europe, only for arteries. I have since learnt that that is also false information as there are stents available for veins (apparently only one according to vascular surgeons), probably another reason you are told verbally about this rather than in writting.

I personally am convinced that some veins will never remain open by themselves. I wonder how many people visit the brain flow team and then decide to visit Poland and get stents placed.
NHE
Volunteer Moderator

Post by NHE »

Dr. Sclafani has demonstrated fairly convincingly that the use of Intravascular Ultrasound (IVUS) is critically important for successful treatment of CCSVI. Please see his case studies indexed at...

http://www.thisisms.com/forum/chronic-c ... ml#p217664
husamsdu

Post by husamsdu »

zjac020 wrote:Hi all,

Of those centres in Europe, can someone confirm which centre has the most experience? Belgium? Poland?

Thanks,
zjac

I found Erkki Kuure on Youtube. Her wife treated in AMEDS Poland.
MarcF

Post by MarcF »

Dear Zjac
the use of a stent can put the patient at risk of total occlusion. Angioplasty is safer and repeatable. Once the stent is occluded , nothing you can do! As far as I know the brain flow team has implanted some stents in the azygos vein because they claim that in that vein occlusion is very rare. I had full discussion about stents with the Team before undergoing PTA. You should have asked them about stents rather than complaining.... However in Italy several people have been treated by the Team and the results are extremely good. They are very professional and prepared..do not forget that Dr Lupattelli has already treated 2500 patients with CCSVI. Many patients go to the Team after having had their procedure in other countries such as Poland ecc to get better.
Yes I'm on the payroll!!!! Because I trust more an experienced Team than original opinions about stents like yours.