Where to get MRV protocol doco for my Vascular Surgeon

A forum to discuss Chronic Cerebrospinal Venous Insufficiency and its relationship to Multiple Sclerosis.
avantitech
Family Member

Where to get MRV protocol doco for my Vascular Surgeon

Post by avantitech »

Hi folks,

would anyone have a link to the documentation for MRV protocol being used by Drs Dake, Haacke or Simka?

I've found a vascular surgeon here in Melbourne Australia who was nice enough to organise a Doppler scan of lower int.jugulars and vertebral veins.

However the scan was inconclusive and now he would like to explore via MRI. Any help in this regard is very much appreciated.

He needs the appropriate methods & parameters for an MR venography.

Cheers
..Adolfo
Johnnymac
Family Elder

Post by Johnnymac »

You can probably find anything you need here, just look under publications:

http://csvi-ms.net/en
avantitech
Family Member

Post by avantitech »

Thanks very much John. Found email address (info.mrimaging@gmail.com) & asked for info.

For those who would like this info for their own investigations, response from my email as follows:

The radiologist will know how to run the following scans:
a) a 2D time-of-flight MRV
b) a time resolved MRA/MRV of the head and neck
c) flow quantification through the straight sinus, and along the jugular to check for reflux flow
d) if they have SWI they can run it
If they have any questions we can provide a very detailed protocol for them.
Dr. Haacke
Other info of interest for diagnosticians wishing to setup as per Dr.Haacke's protocol:
http://ms-mri.com/docs/3.pdf for quick setup guide

and the following 2 docos for Susceptibility Weighted Imaging
http://ms-mri.com/docs/6.pdf
http://ms-mri.com/docs/7.pdf

plus these SWI 2 links
http://www.mrimaging.com/category.77.html
http://www.mrimaging.com/category.88.html

For GE MR machines SWAN:
http://www.gehealthcare.com/usen/mr/app ... /swan.html
Cheers
..Adolfo
seeva
Family Elder

Re: Where to get MRV protocol doco for my Vascular Surgeon

Post by seeva »

avantitech wrote:Hi folks,

would anyone have a link to the documentation for MRV protocol being used by Drs Dake, Haacke or Simka?

I've found a vascular surgeon here in Melbourne Australia who was nice enough to organise a Doppler scan of lower int.jugulars and vertebral veins.

However the scan was inconclusive and now he would like to explore via MRI. Any help in this regard is very much appreciated.

He needs the appropriate methods & parameters for an MR venography.

Cheers
..Adolfo
HI ADOLFO Myname is SEEVA from SYDNEY Please let me know the vascular surgeon who you have found in MELBOURNE AUSTRALIA.I WANT TO CONTACT THE DR. THRUO. MY NERUO. Please give us the details about the DR.
THANKS
REGARDS
SEEVA

:roll: :
avantitech
Family Member

Post by avantitech »

Seeva

Let me emphasise no MRV has yet been done in Melb yet and the doc has to confirm his future involvement if any in any testing let alone procedures.

He is sceptical and is yet to be convinced that surgical intervention is required until he sees the problem first hand.

It would be highly inappropriate to publish details until then.

Interested folks please be patient - by all means contact me via PM and if this doc is the real deal with solutions then I will refer all info details.

Cheers
..Adolfo

PS: Warren and Matt please check your PM mailbox for reply.
ClaireParry
Family Elder

Post by ClaireParry »

Sorry to jump in on this thread, but I have a Vascular Surgeon who is going to arrange a Doppler for me. I'm thinking it may be best to go to Poland because of Operator experience, but if he does, where can I find the Doppler protocol?

Thanks and sorry again

Claire
avantitech
Family Member

Post by avantitech »

Claire, the problem with CCSVI Colour Doppler protocol is that it needs a specially trained technician to investigate the potentially affected vein structures and more importantly identify venous reflux in such structures.

The normal operation of such instrument is for artery vascular disease investigation and technicians are great for this type of visualisation.

For CCSVI identification, the technician needs to now what they are looking for and how to visualise the vein stenoses or malformations. If not then the most likely outcome is that the Doppler Ultrasound will be inconclusive.

It is more likely that a Trascranial Doppler setup will be needed and there are only a couple in melbourne that are still operational and reliable for a variety of reasons.

In any case you can still go ahead with ultrasound initially as the vascular surgeon is most likely going to go to the next level of investigation which is MRI with venography to get a better view of the problem should they suspect one exists.

Here are the links for the ultrasound protocol:
http://www.voyager2.com.au/index.php?op ... &Itemid=10

The earlier postings in this topic thread have the MRV protocol docos.

Cheers,
..Adolfo
avantitech
Family Member

Post by avantitech »

Folks, the possible avenues for getting diagnosed in Oz as far as I can see for the present are:

1. There is a MSRA funded research group in Western Australia who will be doing some recruiting for CCSVI testing - don't know much more than this at this stage. Perhaps someone out there knows more. I'll post more info when I know.

2. Melbourne - Western - will post when have more info.

3. Post by hwebb from the Aussie Action topic
hwebb wrote:Hi all,

I've been in contact with one of Dr Haacke's collaborators here in Australia. The Australian contact is working with a commercial radiology group to perform the Haacke protocol here in Australia. I should have some more info in a few days time, so will post it here if there is a development.

hwebb
Cheers,
...Adolfo
seeva
Family Elder

Post by seeva »

avantitech wrote:Folks, the possible avenues for getting diagnosed in Oz as far as I can see for the present are:

1. There is a MSRA funded research group in Western Australia who will be doing some recruiting for CCSVI testing - don't know much more than this at this stage. Perhaps someone out there knows more. I'll post more info when I know.

2. Melbourne - Western - will post when have more info.

3. Post by hwebb from the Aussie Action topic
hwebb wrote:Hi all,

I've been in contact with one of Dr Haacke's collaborators here in Australia. The Australian contact is working with a commercial radiology

group to perform the Haacke protocol here in Australia. I should have

e more info in a few days time, so will post it here if there is a development.

hwebb
Cheers,

HI MEMBERMy name is SEEVA from SYDNEY AUSTRALIA Please give us the DR. NAME INBELBOURNE perform the Haacke protocol.
REGARDS
SEEVA
...Adolfo
:roll: :roll:
ClaireParry
Family Elder

Post by ClaireParry »

Adolfo, Thanks for the link and info.

I think you are right. Getting a scan done correctly here might be an issue.

It worries me that I'll get a negative for stenosis here and then feel like I have to go to Poland anyway.

I'll pass the protocols to the operator and see what they say,

Thanks again

Claire