blood pressure high or low Is there a relationship to CCSVI

A forum to discuss Chronic Cerebrospinal Venous Insufficiency and its relationship to Multiple Sclerosis.
Mechanicallyinclined
Family Elder

blood pressure high or low Is there a relationship to CCSVI

Post by Mechanicallyinclined »

Just a thought. My blood pressure through the years has always been below normal. Is there any relationship between blood pressure and CCSVI? My thoughts (and this might seem dumb) If your veins are restricted and not allowing blood to return to to your heart as easily as it should, the heart is "starved" for blood and thus can't put out normal pressure. I've been told my blood pressure is low but not to the point of being serious. It's always been that way as far as I remember. Any relationship?
BamBAM
Family Member

Post by BamBAM »

I have had that also, My blood pressure has never been high no matter what I am going thru, My doctors have always put it down to the fact I always have a good attitude in life, But now I wonder !
Johnson
Family Elder

Post by Johnson »

I've "always" had low - normal BP - regardless of stress levels.

Good question!
My name is not really Johnson. MSed up since 1993
prof8
Family Elder

Post by prof8 »

I have always haD very low blood pressure: average is 98/58. Dr. Dake made a comment on my BP. I can't remember what he said but it was in the context of CCSVI. For what it's worth my mother has MS and has the same as me.
mangio
Family Elder

Post by mangio »

MechanicallyInclined

My b.p. swings all over the place. Usually 120/70 but can go very low when
dizzy. One day whilst shopping in a Co-op pharmacy I thought I was going to faint my head was spinning so fast that I sat at the first chair I could
find which happened to be the blood pressure machine table.
Whilst resting took my b.p. and was so shocked to see 80/60! Wow..
thought the machine must be broken so repeated many times. I asked the pharmacist for help
so concerned I was about to pass-out. After much panic and stress
my b.p. started to return to higher levels but that was really scarey.

A medical researcher I met showed me some really amazing lab work just
recently completely on brain fluid volume and heart rates. It
was a landmark paper and as a consequence will really change
researchers work on hydro-encephalus disorders. Bottom line,
it's all connected.

mangio
eve
Family Elder

Post by eve »

I do not know if it's related but I have had very low bloodpressure 80/40 during a bad ms period. Now my bloodpressure is normal but still kinda low.
Johnson
Family Elder

Post by Johnson »

mangio wrote:MechanicallyInclined

My b.p. swings all over the place. Usually 120/70 but can go very low when
dizzy. One day whilst shopping in a Co-op pharmacy I thought I was going to faint my head was spinning so fast that I sat at the first chair I could
find which happened to be the blood pressure machine table.
Whilst resting took my b.p. and was so shocked to see 80/60! Wow..
thought the machine must be broken so repeated many times. I asked the pharmacist for help
so concerned I was about to pass-out. After much panic and stress
my b.p. started to return to higher levels but that was really scarey.

A medical researcher I met showed me some really amazing lab work just
recently completely on brain fluid volume and heart rates. It
was a landmark paper and as a consequence will really change
researchers work on hydro-encephalus disorders. Bottom line,
it's all connected.

mangio
Interesting, mangio - that is almost the same thing that happened to me, except that I am too thick-headed man-dumb to have thought to ask for any help. I was under incredible stress at the time (inhuman actions by family...), and thought that I was having a stroke (at 43). I was practically incredulous to see my BP so low.

I had a cranio-sacral treatment 10 days or so ago, and the practitioner told me some wild things going on with veins and carotid arteries. She spoke of the brachiocephalic veins being affected, and the azygos, and left jugular, and more. I have had some remittance since that treatment, and think to do a post after my next treatment, but the reason I mention it is that brachiocephalic involves the arms too, and I have read a lot here (and in links) of venous insufficiency in the arms playing a role in neurological effects, and wonder if that could influence "true" BP readings. Think peripheral neuropathy, Reynaud's, etc. I wonder if such constrictions could give, um, inaccurate BP readings.

I would be interested to read the paper that you mentioned, if you could give us a link. Thanks.
My name is not really Johnson. MSed up since 1993
elaine
Family Member

Post by elaine »

every time i go to my gp he checks my blood pressure and it is always low.
elaine
LR1234
Family Elder

Post by LR1234 »

My BP is always way too low 90/50 (and my heartrate 44-50 max)
shye
Family Elder

Post by shye »

Interesting-my blood pressure has been very high recently--we are tracking it down to inadvertently getting to much salt--took that away, and plummeted almost immediatley BUT still a bit on high side. And each time I get an attack, it is too high, not low.
tzootsi
Family Elder

Post by tzootsi »

My wife's bp started getting high just about the time her ms symptoms started. It was 190/100 for a while. She went on meds, and then started on her MS recovery diet regime, along with fish oil, and vitamin D. Now her bp without meds is about 140/85.
jimmylegs
Volunteer Moderator

Post by jimmylegs »

mine's always low. the worst was something like 80 over 50. only when i hydrate like mad can i get it up to say 115 over 80 or something relatively normal.
cheerleader
Family Elder

Post by cheerleader »

Blood pressure will be part of the equation, but it isn't causative...in other words, if your stenosis is mild, but your BP is out of range, it will affect you more. I've talked with Dr. D about this. Jeff had severe stenosis, but terrific BP, cholesterol, and his blood looks good now. For him, it's 100% about the architecture and consistency of his veins. For others, it may be 50% veins, 25% postural, 25% blood pressure, or any variable on a variety of factors.

Every MS patient is different. The cause of stenosis is different, the outside endothelial disrupters are different, the affect on the brain and spine is different. The only commonality is stenosis and reflux creating CCSVI. That's why MS has been so elusive. Make sense?
cheer
Husband dx RRMS 3/07
dx dual jugular vein stenosis (CCSVI) 4/09
http://ccsviinms.blogspot.com
Mechanicallyinclined
Family Elder

Post by Mechanicallyinclined »

What you are saying does make sense Cheer. I was wondering if low blood pressure could be more of a result of CCSVI rather than causing it.
This would be for course dependant in the location and severity of stenosis. Severe stenosis means slow blood return to the heart. Heart being "starved " for blood is not able to perform to its full capabilities.
I might be out to lunch on this idea but that's my treand of thought. I know there could be alot of other health issues involved that could the next person high blood pressure. Does this make sense?

Some of you have talked of dizziness. I know there could be other factors involved with different people, but I had the same issue and the bottom line with me is my water intake wasn't high enough. Once I increased my water intake, my dizziness dissapeared. Sometimes the answers are simple.
NewHope
Family Member

Post by NewHope »

My blood pressure has always been low too, very low actually. I bet there is a correlation with CCSVI. It's all starting to make sense now. Wow!