Mods - Phlebotomy and chelation questions?

A forum to discuss Chronic Cerebrospinal Venous Insufficiency and its relationship to Multiple Sclerosis.

Chelation - sould it have it's own forum or be part of the CCSVI forum?

Poll ended at Sun Jan 24, 2010 6:37 am

It's own thread
68%
Allow it in the CCSVI thread
32%

Total votes: 22

jay123
Family Elder

Mods - Phlebotomy and chelation questions?

Post by jay123 »

Should chelation/phlebotomy talk be moved to it's own forum? I do believe something is required as part of CCSVI to help get rid of the iron, but I feel this forum should specifically be for CCSVI.
Chelation is an extremely sensitive topic as many people feel it is 'snake oil', and many people fervently believe in it.
I think having so many posts about it on the CCSVI forum could lead people who stop in to check out CCSVI to get side tracked in this controversial idea and those that firmly believe it is snake oil will put CCSVI in the same boat.
I would like to see all chelation posts put in their own forum, any thoughts?

I'm sorry I can't modify the poll but the word 'thread' should be replaced by 'forum' in each option.
Last edited by jay123 on Mon Jan 18, 2010 4:51 pm, edited 3 times in total.
LR1234
Family Elder

Post by LR1234 »

I agree, I am going to be starting Chelation soon and would like to have a thread to post my experiences
sunlounger
Family Elder

Post by sunlounger »

Yes I believe this is very important please can chelation have it's own thread :D
Bethr
Family Elder

Post by Bethr »

Can we include Chelation and Phlebotomy together? They have the same purpose ultimately. Reduction of iron (or other metals) in the body.
People with hemochromatosis and anemia don't have blood taken, they use chelation. I have high stores of iron and very high hemoglobin, so I could give lots of blood, so that's the way to go for me. Also maybe keep the hemachromatosis gene testing in there too. This can show a propensity to load iron more than others.

The results have been miraculous for me. I'm back to normal at the moment. Five days and counting :D
jay123
Family Elder

Post by jay123 »

looking for more votes one way or the other!
jay123
Family Elder

Post by jay123 »

bump
jimmylegs
Volunteer Moderator

Post by jimmylegs »

i think only arron can make a new forum for chelation or whatever else. i am not sure - maybe NHE will check in here - but the request may already have been forwarded and we are just waiting for a response.
jay123
Family Elder

Post by jay123 »

bump