Pain advice?

A forum to talk about the general challenges of daily life with MS.
growing2boys
Family Member

Pain advice?

Post by growing2boys »

Just curious what you are taking for neuro related aches & pains? How much & how often?
My neuro refuses to offer anything other gabapentin & it doesn't work for me. Even when I have such bad jaw pain that I can't eat he refuses to prescribe anything different.

Looking for advice.
hannakat
Family Elder

Post by hannakat »

The best action I ever took was regarding pain ..... FINALLY went to a pain clinic. Don't know why I waited so long to do something, but once there, whew!

Thank you Lyrica!!!

~^,,^~
catchesya

Post by catchesya »

I am on pain management for a pre-MS accident(s) and spinal injury, and my jaw pain BROKE through the treatments like white hot lightning. My PM Doc couldn't believe it at first; i kept telling him it hurt to chew bread! My fiance (at the time) said it was embarassing that i couldn't eat dinner and wasted food, steaks, ummm steaks, over and over.

My PM Doc, after I tried to bite down on something infront of him and he saw my eyes light up and my body tense, prescribed me with Carbamazepine 200 Mg tablets twice a day. After a week, back to normal!!!

Now add (2) more pills to my pill & shot diet! Shooo Shoooo MS! Shoooooo Shoooooooo!

Good luck!
Mr. Pickles. I wake up everyday trying to figure out how my life turned out to be blessed with MS. :o)  I often believe it is God's way to prove to the masses just how strong we are.  MS sucks, but it will never beat me.<br />