A request...

A forum to talk about the general challenges of daily life with MS.
studentnurse1

A request...

Post by studentnurse1 »

This may seem like an unusual request - feel free to ignore if it is inappropriate. I represent a group of nursing students in Jacksonville FL - we are scheduled to give a presentation on MS to our classmates next week. Rather than just talking about the disease, we thought our presentation could make more of an impact if we included discussion of what it is like to live with MS. We are looking for someone who is willing to participate in a short (~10 minute) webcam chat with us sometime in the next 4-5 days and consent for it to be recorded and included in our presentation. We have tried coordinating something through the local MS Society, but after several weeks of back and forth, I feel like we're getting brushed off. If there is anyone out there who would be interested in taking part in this opportunity to educate future nurses, please let me know. Thanks!
carolew
Family Elder

Re: A request...

Post by carolew »

I think that talking about living with ms takes alot ot time and perhaps that is why no one has participated. I live in Canada, a bit far away. Plus, we do not like to feel like specimens being studied.... good luck with your studies anyway
heyray
Family Member

Re: A request...

Post by heyray »

Interesting, I think that what your doing would be very helpful in the caring community and I support your efforts but I personally wouldn't do it because I'm a private person. However, I would like and I'm sure many of us would want to see your finished presentation, if you don't mind. I, personally, keep my symptoms in check with diets and don't think would be a good candidate. I work so hard on not showing my symptoms even when I'm very much feeling beat up. Every bit of info does wonders in examining this illness. I hope you find a candidate and appreciate your support in nursing.

Return to “Daily Life”