A parent's courage

A forum to talk about the general challenges of daily life with MS.
oldscutlas

A parent's courage

Post by oldscutlas »

I am new to this site and have recently discovered that I have ms. My mother who is no longer with us (rest her soul) was diagnosed in 1988. I watched her struggle with the disease for 15 years before it took her life I know they say it wasn't actually the ms that did it was actually an aorta aneurism but the ms was a contributing factor. From what I understand from her nuerologist the ms caused her immune system to attack the walls of her arteries causing the anuerism. she was my best friend and lived with my wife and me through the last five years of her life. she missed the birth of her grandson by just 2 months she was in surgery when she passed. her courage and strength throughout her decline has been a inspiration to me throughout my life and I hope that I have the courage she showed as my own struggle with ms progresses. she once told me that the best way to fight it is to stand up and spitin it's proverbial eye. I will writew more about her and my own fight later I just hope someone reading this uses this to bolster their own fight against ms and gives them the courage to fight it for all they are worth and instead of letting it get them down they choose instead to enjoy their life
havingms
Family Member

Post by havingms »

Your mom sounds like a neat and couragious lady. I am sorry for your loss. I hope that you are well and please keep us up to date with your process.
mambo

Post by mambo »

:D thank you for sending your note to us you sound like you have been through a lot but you also sound such a nice person hope all goes ok and keep your mums spirit going she sounded a wise lady x x
lyndacarol
Family Elder

Referring to dignan's post of May 13, 2006

Post by lyndacarol »

oldscutlas--Your mom's history makes me recall this post by dignan on May 13, 2006: <shortened url>.

As most know, I believe MS starts with excess insulin in the bloodstream; it is highly irritating (like battery acid in the pipes of your house!) and causes damage to the blood vessels; then, the immune system (monocytes>macrophages, etc.) steps in to repair and becomes too aggressive or chronic.

Not only is my insulin level elevated, but I think the sensations in my legs (like "many cuts" along the sides of my shins and "burning" in my feet) could stem from arterial damage. The heaviness in my feet and legs could traced to this too, I think.

Return to “Daily Life”