Need some help/advice

A forum to talk about the general challenges of daily life with MS.
adi
Getting to Know You...

Need some help/advice

Post by adi »

Hello everyone,

I introduced myself in topic about Enkorten therapy. Many of you probably didn't read it, so I'll introduce myself again.

My name is Adi, and I live in Sarajevo (Bosnia and Herzegovina). MY mom has MS, since 1994. Her condition was quite good for some time, but in the last year or two has become worse. She is not able to walk or sit at all.

As I didn't found a topic discussing accessories such as beds, toilet-wheelchairs etc., maybe you could give me some advices how and where I can find them.

Here, it very hard to get it. Many internet shops doesn't have delivery to Bosnia and Herzegovina. There is one kind of bed that I can find here, but I would rather like to have some options to choose, specially because all this equipment is very expensive for me, and I can't afford to make any mistakes. Unfortunately, the social security and health security doesn't cover it at all. :?: :evil:

Please, give me your thoughts and advices or if there is a topic with this subject, please let me know. Thanks.

Adi
Lyon
Family Elder

Post by Lyon »

Last edited by Lyon on Sun Nov 27, 2011 11:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
cheerleader
Family Elder

Post by cheerleader »

Dear Adi,
Here is a link to the Association of Societies of people affected by Multiple Sclerosis of Bosnia and Herzegovina (ASPAMSBiH)
Savez Udruženja oboljelih od Multiple Skleroze Bosne i Hercegovine (SUOMSBiH)...

link

Maybe they might be able to help you and your mother obtain medical equipment and medications.

Wishing you all the best as you look after your Mom-
AC
Husband dx RRMS 3/07
dx dual jugular vein stenosis (CCSVI) 4/09
http://ccsviinms.blogspot.com
adi
Getting to Know You...

Post by adi »

@ cheerleader

this society is doing no good for their members. they don't do anything at all. i don't know why they exist at all.... my mom was a president of that particular society, but she resigned from that position after she saw that they are not what they should be, and she was not able to do anything by herself. i recommended her to register new society, but she told me that she doesn't have enough strenght and will to do it. as i don't have MS, i cann't register it by myself. :-(
people in bosnia really need help, but this society doesn't help them at all...

never mind, thank you for the advices...

best wishes

adi
she-aardvark
Getting to Know You...

Post by she-aardvark »

There is a lot of equipment available in the UK and no doubt it isn't too difficult to ship to Bosnia/Herzegovina. If you let me know what specifically you are looking for I will forward the information. Just searchin on Google tends to come up with a lot of sites that don't tell you the facts.