4-aminopyridine-3-methyl hydroxide

A board to discuss future MS therapies in early stage (Phase I or II) trials.

Re: 4-aminopyridine-3-methyl hydroxide

Postby TeresaL » Tue Oct 20, 2015 3:11 pm

I take the 4-AP from a compounding pharmacy, they get ins to pay for it. I take it 2X per day. It helps w walking
TeresaL
Family Member

Advertisement

Postby Brainteaser » Tue Oct 20, 2015 6:48 pm

I've been taking 4-AP for as long as I can remember- maybe 20 years. I take 3 x 10mg per day, usually at 8am,1 & 6pm. My body is so dependent on it now that it is hard to function without it. I feel listless and out of it when I haven't had my capsule past, say 3 hours. I find it not a good idea to take it near bedtime as it can affect sleep. Also watch out having it with food as it can cause vomiting. I take it with lots of water and exaggerated swallowing. If it gets stuck in your throat, it can cause burning.

If I had my time again I wouldn't have started taking it. But in those days there wasn't the same level of communication nor the choices that we have today. I would think more natural energy boosters could be a better place to start. At the right time I'm going to make a concerted effort to get off it.

I have not tried Ampyra, the big pharma, expensive equivalent. I did try 4-AP-3-MeHO but it did nothing for me.

Phil
Brainteaser
Family Elder

Postby brightangel » Fri Feb 05, 2016 2:32 am

I had both Fampyra and 4 Amp compounded - they both worked the same for me.
brightangel

Postby paramx17 » Wed Mar 29, 2017 5:49 am

Did you have it compounded to be 4-aminopyridine-3-methyl hydroxide? Did it work good? Are you in the US? My 16yr old son is an Asia B just had a motocross wreck last April and we are looking to try this.
paramx17

Previous

Return to Drug Pipeline