Tecfidera

A board to discuss future MS therapies in early stage (Phase I or II) trials.
TeresaL
Family Member

Tecfidera

Post by TeresaL »

I stopped Copaxone for 4 mos to try Tecifedera but got worse, now back on Copaxone.
milesap
Family Elder

Re: Tecfidera

Post by milesap »

Guess your doctor forgot to tell you that it takes 4 to 6 months to begin to work.
Hats71

Post by Hats71 »

I went off to celebrate the year because I was worried about possible side effects of getting the antibodies and PML. Now I'm on tecfidera. I'm not really sure what to think of it yet, and I'm aware it takes 4 to 6 months constantly use to show a difference. The fact that it's summer time is really helping me.(I absolutely worshipe the sun. ) as long as I'm in near water or air conditioning I'm okay. But I'm finding that my fatigue is a little out of control on the text. I can't help but feeling that I've made a mistake and should go back to Tysabri... Any thoughts?
Jimpsull
Family Elder

Post by Jimpsull »

I also stopped Copaxone for Tecfidera. The reason that I switched was that, after 10 years on Copaxone, I started to see deterioration in my condition. Unfortunately, the deterioration has continued on Tecfidera. It seems like it may be less effective, although there is no telling what deterioration I would have seen over the past year if I had stayed on Copaxone. After all, I switched because the Copaxone wasn't working.

For now I'm staying on Tecfidera, getting stricter on the Swank diet, and trying Nucca chiropractic. Still working, walking, clumsily playing soccer with my boys. Starting to develop a twitch in my left pinky finger and neuropathy in hands and feet.