going to the dr. next week

If it's on your mind and it has to do with multiple sclerosis in any way, post it here.
rob257

going to the dr. next week

Post by rob257 »

I wonder what questions I should be asking. I been taking the rebif shots for 2 years now. But recently i have been considering stopping it. I don't know if it helps or not. I am thinking the shots have done little good. I don't know. I am in a confused state I guess.
tzootsi
Family Elder

Post by tzootsi »

Rob, I'm not a medical person, but I'll try and give you my opinion. Rebif, like the rest of the CRAB drugs (copaxone, rebif, avonex, betasteron), is helpful to about 30-40% of RRMS patients who take them. What it does is stop progression - so if you haven't gotten any worse since being on it, it may be helping.
Here are a few things you can ask your doctor -
- What kind of MS do you have?
- Does he think you have gotten worse?
- Can he help you look into CCSVI treatment? If you are unfamiliar with CCSVI, just google it. It's the most promising treatment yet for MS.
- Would he consider prescribing LDN? LDN is a very mild prescription drug that has helped many MS patients. Unfortunately very few doctors are willing to prescribe it, since it's never had extensive trials. Realize that if you take LDN you can't take Rebif. You can however, take LDN with Copaxone.
- How does he feel about diet and supplements? Many people are helped by eliminating dairy and gluten(wheat, barley) from their diet. Again, not many doctors get into this.
- Ask him if you can be tested for vitamin d levels. You should be taking vitamin d anyway, but it's good to know what your level is.

good luck!

Return to “General Discussion”