JIMMY HUEGA HAS DIED

If it's on your mind and it has to do with multiple sclerosis in any way, post it here.
Montana
Family Member

JIMMY HUEGA HAS DIED

Post by Montana »

I am sad to learn that Jimmy Huega died today of respiratory problems. Many of you probably know that he was diagnosed with MS six years after winning a bronze olympic medal for skiing...same year that Billy Kidd won the silver. With Betty Ford's help he started the Jimmy Heuga center for MS in Vail, Colorado (now known as Can Do MS.)

He did a lot to wake up the medical community to the importance of nutrition, exercise and psychological support when a patient is diagnosed during an era when patients were being told they shouldn't exercise or they would exascerbate their disease and nutrition would not help them. He was admired for his CAN DO spirit and desire to reach out and help others find ways to fully live their lives despite MS.

Just want to honor him and his contribution tonight...along with the many others who have given us hope and inspiration on this challenging path.
sou
Family Elder

Post by sou »

Sad news.

May he rest in eternal peace.

sou
Rokkit
Family Elder

Post by Rokkit »

With all due respect, the General Discussion forum would be a better place for threads like this.
Ruthless67
Family Elder

Post by Ruthless67 »

Montana,

I did not know this and am thankful to you for bringing it to my attention.

Lora
topper

Post by topper »

Rokkit,

With all due respect. Your post is unneccesary. This is the most active forum recently and one where the most news is exchanged. There is no need to "police" information like this. Especially with the olympics starting this week.

Topper.
Go Tigers!
leetz
Family Elder

god bless..

Post by leetz »

May God Bless him and his family/friends.........
GOD BLESS.... CCSVI treatment Dr. Siskin great doc....symptom's improved for about 3 week's (gait, balance, spasticity) now back to square 1...
Sport
Family Member

Post by Sport »

Topper,

With all due respect, Rokkit's post was spot on. You are correct that this is one of the most active forums recently. However, I would hardly call the majority of what is being posted anymore is "news" or is useful. Compared to what the forum was 6 or 8 months ago, the forum is full charlatans, folks who are not willing to perform a simple search function, and way too much off topic text. Unfortunately for everyone, the usefulness of the forum is decreasing every day because the useful information that is here is obscured by all the noise.

Hey, John Murtha just died too. Maybe we should start a thread here about that.
Montana
Family Member

With all due respect

Post by Montana »

I goofed. Consider me properly chastised.

Return to “General Discussion”